bowhunter-tw

UPDATE, RECOVERED Ford F250

unfortunately its nothing new with those older f250s, they've been targeted for a looong time b/c of how easy they are to jack

Did you have an alarm? I have one on everything and at a minimum they make enough noise and flash enough lights to keep people moving to the next one. Thats what I tell myself anyways.

I hope they find it undisturbed, thats a beautiful truck.

I had an F350 Lariat dually 06 stolen Thanksgiving weekend never recovered

2 hours ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

I've had 4 SuperDuty's stolen.  3 went to Sasabe/Three Points to run drugs and were recovered in west Phoenix 3-4 weeks later.  Cartel gangbangers love them because they are easy to steal, tough, and haul lots of fentanyl/cocaine!  I put a tracker on the 4th one stolen and DPS caught the bastard.  I don't think he served any time though.  Car theft isn't a big deal in AZ.

Don't want to derail the OP's post about his beautiful truck getting stolen. Sure hope they find it soon!

Just like to hear about putting a tracker on? What are they? 

4 hours ago, bowhunter-tw said:

This is crazy, I never figured this many of these trucks would be stolen

They were at one time getting stolen at the rate of a couple a week or more. They pop the lock or go in through the door handle so some guys put rear door handles on the fronts or put Jimmi Jammers in the door to prevent the lock from being pushed in. I did the Jimmi Jammers and use a Steering Wheel Club with the hex shaped key which is supposed to be harder to pick. I lost my keys about 10 years ago and called a locksmith who came and made me a new key. Once he go inside I asked him if he could pick the lock on the club, which had the traditional flat shaped key. He picked it in under ten seconds.

About  six years I had a Ravelco anti-theft system installed. They work great but you just have to remember to take the plug cap with you when you leave the truck.

https://www.nohotwire.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1710719165&utm_content=427617699994&utm_term=ravelco&ap=&mt=p&adg=66933460255&d=c&n=g&keyword=ravelco&gclid=Cj0KCQiA6LyfBhC3ARIsAG4gkF9zujsTB-AxQCi1a6N6o8umacIo_18p8D0AYf5hARSkh598b7gdEegaAnfqEALw_wcB

There was a guy that thwarted getting his stolen earlier this week out by 96th Ave and Van Buren by someone in an unmarked white tow truck with dealer plates so keep an eye out for that one too. If anyone see's it please get the plate number.

2 hours ago, azbow said:

Don't want to derail the OP's post about his beautiful truck getting stolen. Sure hope they find it soon!

Just like to hear about putting a tracker on? What are they? 

Lo Jack. 

6 hours ago, bowhunter-tw said:

Id say upgrade security system, maybe ignition system if possible. Throw an air tag for gps tracking somewhere 

This ⬆️ battery/ ignition shut off . A club for the steering wheel and yes hide an air tag in it so you can track it. They are super easy to steal unfortunately and usually end up on the rez or Mexico bound just like others have said.  Sorry man good luck bud 

6 hours ago, bowhunter-tw said:

This is crazy, I never figured this many of these trucks would be stolen

Been most stolen truck for years. They are tough and easy to steal. A few years ago just in east valley over 72 were stolen between AJ, Gilbert mesa chandler and tempe. In the first 4 months of the year.

5 hours ago, PRDATR said:

They were at one time getting stolen at the rate of a couple a week or more. They pop the lock or go in through the door handle so some guys put rear door handles on the fronts or put Jimmi Jammers in the door to prevent the lock from being pushed in. I did the Jimmi Jammers and use a Steering Wheel Club with the hex shaped key which is supposed to be harder to pick. I lost my keys about 10 years ago and called a locksmith who came and made me a new key. Once he go inside I asked him if he could pick the lock on the club, which had the traditional flat shaped key. He picked it in under ten seconds.

About  six years I had a Ravelco anti-theft system installed. They work great but you just have to remember to take the plug cap with you when you leave the truck.

https://www.nohotwire.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1710719165&utm_content=427617699994&utm_term=ravelco&ap=&mt=p&adg=66933460255&d=c&n=g&keyword=ravelco&gclid=Cj0KCQiA6LyfBhC3ARIsAG4gkF9zujsTB-AxQCi1a6N6o8umacIo_18p8D0AYf5hARSkh598b7gdEegaAnfqEALw_wcB

There was a guy that thwarted getting his stolen earlier this week out by 96th Ave and Van Buren by someone in an unmarked white tow truck with dealer plates so keep an eye out for that one too. If anyone see's it please get the plate number.

Those are supposed to be repo guys.  What a great cover! And tow trucks! A lot of dishonesty in this world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Those are supposed to be repo guys.  What a great cover! And tow trucks! A lot of dishonesty in this world.

Russ this truck didn't have any AZDOT  decals at all.

• Like 1