Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

What's for dinner tonight?

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Drinking my dinner tonight. Went to a customers house today and got 2 buckets of pears.  Made syrup today, prepping for jam tomorrow.

IMG_20230805_174147.thumb.jpg.798008d70ce55e088d1b502b5952d969.jpgIMG_20230805_174333.thumb.jpg.e0d212d63fd4b91fb53de73340b23984.jpg

Still a few weeks away in my area 

Yeah these were real big and mostly overipe. A bunch were already claimed by birds and bees.  Location was Hereford 4200ish feet

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Yeah these were real big and mostly overipe. A bunch were already claimed by birds and bees.  Location was Hereford 4200ish feet

That's in the middle of nowhere. We did some work at the elementary school a few years ago. Looked like good coyote country though.

12 hours ago, PRDATR said:

That's in the middle of nowhere. We did some work at the elementary school a few years ago. Looked like good coyote country though.

Sounds like the palominas school. Wide open grassland.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CatfishKev said:

@trphyhntr and @Curtis Reed thanks guys for your past posts on the subject. It was pretty fun as a family project. You guys helped a bunch.  

Pear jam, jelly, syrup, juice is my jam!! (Pun intended!) they’ve been late this year in the wild. Towns have been doing good! Weird year for me. Usually take the back roads home and pick buckets full but not ready yet.

7 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Pear jam, jelly, syrup, juice is my jam!! (Pun intended!) they’ve been late this year in the wild. Towns have been doing good! Weird year for me. Usually take the back roads home and pick buckets full but not ready yet.

I think this guy's cactus was a bit of a fluke. Gets shade most of the day maybe that's why they were so early.  Driving around town most don't look ready yet. 

11 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

@trphyhntr and @Curtis Reed thanks guys for your past posts on the subject. It was pretty fun as a family project. You guys helped a bunch.  

Nothing better than homemade jam on fresh homemade sourdough…. Glad it turned out.  Although….. I dont remember posting about jam lol. 

10 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Nothing better than homemade jam on fresh homemade sourdough…. Glad it turned out.  Although….. I dont remember posting about jam lol. 

Awe man, yes i'm an idiot.  I got you confused with another guy.  So.... thanks for nothing Curtis!

@My Rights As An American thanks...  Not sure how I got that one wrong. Probably the drinks were a factor.

• Like 1

Air fried grouper and summer corn.  No frills , just good eating..

IMG_6074.jpeg

• Like 4

142628.jpeg

• Like 1