Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

What's for dinner tonight?

A fine high-end lunch, Costco chicken salad cradled by aged swiss cheese, nestled between sourdough bread, accompanied by 3 pickle spears, and finally resting on Costcos fine Dixie ultra plate!

20230621_111107.jpg

• Like 2

Dinner tonight......Yellowtail I caught last year. Ghee with herb, garlic, salt, pepper, dash of soy sauce, and pinch of cayenne.  Grilled asparagus with simple cracked pepper and a pinch of the ghee.  Mashed potatoes and herbs.

20230621_175522.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, n2horns said:

Dinner tonight......Yellowtail I caught last year. Ghee with herb, garlic, salt, pepper, dash of soy sauce, and pinch of cayenne.  Grilled asparagus with simple cracked pepper and a pinch of the ghee.  Mashed potatoes and herbs.

20230621_175522.jpg

Perfect. Well played. 

I had some leftover spaghetti from a few days ago. Grilled some sausage and used up some Alfredo Sauce. Last of the tomatoes from the garden. Started off with white mushrooms, sliced thin. I put tumeric on them and in a skillet heated up olive oil. Once it was warm/hot I added butter. When it melted in went the mushrooms and cooked them for about five minutes. Took them out then added some sliced green bell pepper and cooked on medium high until it had a slight char on one side, about two minutes. Then took them out. Then I added the tomato, dry vermouth and some red pepper flakes and cooked until they started to get brown on one side, about 30 seconds. Each time something was done it went into a separate bowl. I then put the leftover spaghetti in the skillet and heated it up for a minute stirring it up to get all the juice melded into it. Then I added the Alfredo sauce and sausage and cooked it for about five minutes, covered. Then I added everything back in. This way the individual flavors of all the ingredients didn't get lost.

20230621_184745.jpg

20230621_184507.jpg

20230621_181638.jpg

20230621_175137.jpg

20230621_180750.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

20230621_175522.jpg

Year old yellowtail, that amazing. Looks good 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Year old yellowtail, that amazing. Looks good 

I hit like because there’s no Fukay

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

20230621_175522.jpg

Grill marks are straight out of a cartoon! Perfect!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I hit like because there’s no Fukay

Saw they We’re catching yellowtail from kayaks over there in San Diego in a recent report 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Oof

71DD2A23-783D-44F5-8356-95691824CA19.jpeg

I worked in a homemade ice cream shop / deli as my highschool early college job.  Classic banana splits are the bomb!  Once in awhile I'll make a big batch for the kids

Looks like a few people on this site are having crow tonight. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I worked in a homemade ice cream shop / deli as my highschool early college job.  Classic banana splits are the bomb!  Once in awhile I'll make a big batch for the kids

No kidding!  That’s cool Kev. I need to take notes from you. This one was dang good. Never thought of making it at home

35 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Saw they We’re catching yellowtail from kayaks over there in San Diego in a recent report 

Any footage?