Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

What's for dinner tonight?

Late lunch today.  Picanha with homemade chimichuri sauce with roasted potatoes, yams and carrots.  Grilled/roasted corn a little street style.

20230707_144835.jpg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, n2horns said:

Late lunch today.  Picanha with homemade chimichuri sauce with roasted potatoes, yams and carrots.  Grilled/roasted corn a little street style.

20230707_144835.jpg

Are you a Chef too .... geez man you have been killin it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

20230707_144835.jpg

Break room at the shop isn’t set up to cook the quality of lunches you make. I had Wendy’s 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, HyNoon said:

Are you a Chef too .... geez man you have been killin it

No formal training. Been in family business and helped at friends restaurants.  I learned very early from my mom and when you can pull off a Thanksgiving feast for 10 to 20 people, its awesome.  I was going to go to culinary school, but I knew to make it big, you really have to get lucky and or put in a shiiiit ton of odd hours of work.  I really love to cook and yes, I have F'd up plenty.

I am lucky that working from home, I can prep a little during lunch so that making dinner is easier.  I try to eat well at least 1 solid meal.  Meal prep isnt easy, and I cook for myself, making it harder.

• Like 5

You bake more pies than Marie Calender!   I still hit up my 90 YO Ma for deserts.  My wife doesn’t bake, and I was banned from baking during the great Empenada crust incident  of 2018. Our kitchen looked like an 80’s hair band had a cocaine party.  Me and flour are not friends

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

looked like an 80’s hair band had a cocaine party.  Me and flour are not friends

I did that a month or so ago, but was making pancakes and wanted to add some powdered sugar.  Cooking half asleep and playing with child proof packaging, yah, had that crap all over.  It does look like coke party minus the service providers aka stippers/hookers

2 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

You bake more pies than Marie Calender!   I still hit up my 90 YO Ma for deserts.  My wife doesn’t bake, and I was banned from baking during the great Empenada crust incident  of 2018. Our kitchen looked like an 80’s hair band had a cocaine party.  Me and flour are not friends

I texted my 90 year old grandma pics of the pie. 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I texted my 90 year old grandma pics of the pie. 

That is awesome!  Also, way to go on avoiding the slow pitches above and stay on point. I couldn’t have done it. 

• Haha 1

A few meals over the past few weeks. The original shrimp/avocado toast…shrimp ceviche with jalapeño, serranno, red onion, cucumber, red pepper and grape tomato. 

B105DE5A-E059-43A1-89CC-A2FB1F2C24EA.jpeg

• Like 1

Bad pic, but this is a batch of red chile beef with sauce from scratch. I used Hatch Reds instead of Guajillos this time and this is the brightest red chile I have ever made. I used 7 bone chuck because I didn’t want to sell a kidney to afford the beef. 

D67E6491-8D98-43A4-8E95-17628ED5A3CC.jpeg

• Wow! 1

Tri tip, and some beef back ribs.  Wife made a quick green bean casserole, but forgot to get a photo of that.  Ribs were about perfect.

Smoked to 100 degrees at 220 with hickory, then seared on open fire.  Seared to a medium rare/medium.

IMG_20230710_155743710_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230710_154154270.jpg

IMG_20230710_145523991_HDR.jpg

Pics are sideways.

• Like 2

it shows that we know how to cook.

Ceviche that is a for sure go to for me.