Kuhlcoues

How long until cards are hit??

55 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Is that the lady with the sexy smoker voice like Marge Simpson's sisters?

Spoke to this woman a few times.  She was competent and most of all, had empathy for us.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, creed said:

Too many people applying is the problem. The growth is unbelievable. It's only going to get worse. 

I say G&F implements another loyalty point for anyone that has applied 10 years. I think the consecutive years is a bit frustrating....miss one year and you lose your loyalty BP. Anyhow, give the folks that have been doing this for a lifetime an additional advantage. I haven't seen the statistics, but I'd imagine about half of the applicants have less than 10 years applying.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JVS said:

I say G&F implements another loyalty point for anyone that has applied 10 years. I think the consecutive years is a bit frustrating....miss one year and you lose your loyalty BP. Anyhow, give the folks that have been doing this for a lifetime an additional advantage. I haven't seen the statistics, but I'd imagine about half of the applicants have less than 10 years applying.

There is a ginormous blob of NR applicants with 15-20+ points.  Thousands.  There are about 30-50 tags a year that they actually want and are “worth” their points (in most applicants minds) so it’s essentially created a sheep tag like situation where the max point group is established and won’t go away until they die.  Expect early kaibab to take 40+ points for NR before it plateaus and kaibab archery will be bringing 20-25 points in the next few years.  Smoke em if you got em cuz there ain’t no saving em. 

• Like 3

Id Say do away with bonus points. All its doing is causing a conundrum. Just have a simple draw. Your either drawn or your not. People get so carried away focusing on their points, rather than hunting it seems. Plus a lot of people complain that more and more people are applying, yet multiple people apply in multiple states and draw multiple tags. Talk about the quality of animals dropping. How many deer, elk, sheep, etc does a person need to kill per year. That's just my 2 sense. On the other hand my card hasn't been hit either, and that's with a Tribal member hunt in 5ab. Oh well. Try again next year.

I've drawn I think 8 years in a row. Stop whining or put in for hunts with better draw odds.

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

There is a ginormous blob of NR applicants with 15-20+ points.  Thousands.  There are about 30-50 tags a year that they actually want and are “worth” their points (in most applicants minds) so it’s essentially created a sheep tag like situation where the max point group is established and won’t go away until they die.  Expect early kaibab to take 40+ points for NR before it plateaus and kaibab archery will be bringing 20-25 points in the next few years.  Smoke em if you got em cuz there ain’t no saving em. 

I hear ya on that...but the easy hunts such as the units 32, 29, 35, etc. could be easier to draw if a long-timer had an additional BP. BPs are not just for the BP pass. Each applicant is awarded a draw number for each BP for the 1-2 and 3-5 rounds. Lowest randomly drawn numbers get the tags.

45 minutes ago, dsotm said:

I've drawn I think 8 years in a row. Stop whining or put in for hunts with better draw odds.

The thing is the guys that are “whining” rn applied for the 36 coues units and didn’t get hit 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

The thing is the guys that are “whining” rn applied for the 36 coues units and didn’t get hit 

Yup, I'm one of those.  A regular 'slam dunk draw' 36 hunter.....

I'm holding out hope that not getting a hit doesn't necessarily equal not getting drawn at this point.  Hoping (and sort of assuming) that the flood gate of credit card hits is yet to come.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

It could always be worse….. Y’all could be stuck in a homemade submarine at the bottom of the Atlantic with Naturebob.

They do the draw on an old Xbox 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

They do the draw on an Xbox 

More like a $H!T box

Wild conspiracy solely for conversation and of course not likely in the slightest, but what protection exists against the thousands of existing antis with $, especially west coast newcomers, that could join forces after realizing they would save a deer for a little over $100/year? 

Bonus points?

Could never happen? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Wild conspiracy solely for conversation and of course not likely in the slightest, but what protection exists against the thousands of existing antis with $, especially west coast newcomers, that could join forces after realizing they would save a deer for a little over $100/year? 

Bonus points?

Could never happen? 

These types rarely are willing to put their money where their mouth is.  This is why hunter have always funded conservation. 

• Like 5

On a positive note everyone in every western state has these gripes. All the big ones are gone, there are no tags anymore, too many hunters in the field. With all the negative. The hunting still seems great to me when I get tags. Makes drawing a tag special and I make sure to get the most of everyone I get. Look at the hunter statistics of days spent in the field. I’d say 5-10% of tags never see a person step foot in the unit. That’s my only complaint. With turn in opportunities every tag should be in someone’s pocket with their feet on the ground in that unit for as many days as possible. Do the tag and folks who didn’t draw justice.  

D65E8642-2729-4901-A9A6-081575F632D3.jpeg

• Like 2