Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

The I’ve been drawn for DEER thread

45 minutes ago, stanley said:

Son and I got our usual early 36...   

"Poverty" tags!  ;)  

I didn’t get drawn 3rd choice. Sad. First time I haven’t got it 3rd. Time to move up to second choice I guess 

27 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

In 3-4 years if not sooner these “poverty tags” will be the crème de la crème!😂

Agreed, given the way things are evolving.   

My crew and I are basically hacks that just want to get out hunting, often killing the first legal deer that we get a decent shot at.  We don’t mind the heat too much, so getting out there for first crack at them IS the crème de la crème for us!  

I’ve found serenity more accessible in my life when I keep my expectations low.😉  😭

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I didn’t get drawn 3rd choice. Sad. First time I haven’t got it 3rd. Time to move up to second choice I guess 

Ya, I’ve been doing that for several years now.   Easy to draw hunts 1st/2nd choice.   I’m too old to NOT get a tag. (Though even my poverty tags aren’t guaranteed anymore….)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanley said:

My crew and I are basically hacks that just want to get out hunting, often killing the first legal deer that we get a decent shot at.  We don’t mind the heat too much, so getting out there for first crack at them IS the crème de la crème for us!  

I’ve found serenity more accessible in my life when I keep my expectations low.😉  😭

Reminds me of this:

May be a graphic of text that says '"The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more. but in developing the capacity to enjoy less." Socrates'

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stanley said:

I get it! I’m that dork who passes on good bucks first couple days because I don’t want my hunt to end and then shoot a little buck last day or so!😂 I’m getting better about that though!

• Like 1