Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Clothing Gear for Alaska?

+1 for Frog Togs, They are a good budget solution especially for the kid that will out grow them by next year. Have fun! 

• Like 1

Just finished three days of fishing out of Homer with family. Weather ranged from perfect to wind and rain. Be prepared for anything. Heading back to AZ with a bunch of ling cod, halibut, salmon, cod and rock fish. great memories. Message me with any questions.  Caught my biggest Halibut at around 100lbs. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, coueswt said:

Just finished three days of fishing out of Homer with family. Weather ranged from perfect to wind and rain. Be prepared for anything. Heading back to AZ with a bunch of ling cod, halibut, salmon, cod and rock fish. great memories. Message me with any questions.  Caught my biggest Halibut at around 100lbs. 

Wow 100 lbs, very nice. Ok I might PM you. I leave tomorrow. Thanks

• Like 1

Right On couswt!  I still have some halibut from two years ago in the freezer.  Good eats enjoy!!

On 7/4/2023 at 5:06 PM, PRDATR said:

Great choice. Expensive. Worth the cost if you live there year round but not practical to buy for a week trip that will probably never ever happen again. Buy some Frogg Toggs off of Amazon and return them when you get back.

Wtf? Cheap butt mofo.  You are part of the problem 

I have been to AK twice hunting.  My outer layer was Sitka Coldfront  and it held up to TONS of rain and some sub zero temps with some layering underneath.  I took a set Helly Hanson on the first hunt and never needed it.  Was some nice stuff but not breathable at all.  If I were fishing, I would get some nice muck boots, some merino under layers and some good rain gear.  The higher end Sitka stuff is outstanding in my opinion.  I have the Coldfront and the storm front.  Both fairly pricey, but worth every penny to not be cold and wet.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I used my frog toggs for the last 3 days in Homer, just came home with a bunch of fish. The frog toggs did great, and will be able to use them again.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, we got back late last night. The weather was pretty amazing, sunny/cloudy with hardly no rain. It was alot of fun especially with my boy. We caught our limit on Halibut, Sockeye and Lingcod. Also caught lots of Silver Salmon, Pink Salmon, Dolly Varden Char and Pacific Cod. No King Salmon were caught. Saw one really big Salmon Shark about 7ft. I don't know if I'll ever go back to fish though, it was a fun trip just not my type of fishing. 

Screenshot_20230716_110723_Gallery.jpg

20230714_145146.jpg

20230713_145113.jpg

20230712_185956.jpg

20230710_102807.jpg

20230710_090444.jpg

20230709_141059.jpg

Screenshot_20230713_190147_Gallery.jpg

20230713_145138.jpg

20230714_101354.jpg

• Like 7

My wife and I got back from Sitka last night. Brought back nearly 200lbs of fillets. Had weather from clear to fog so heavy  you couldn't see more than 100 feet. Awesome fishing!

• Like 3

Who did you fish with in Sitka? One of my favorites. Had a trip booked for this year and the lodge just closed down without any communications at all. We sent dozens of emails and made dozens of phone calls. They did tell us when we first called that we had solid dates booked. My buddy was paying for the trip and had booked first class tix for 4 for 6 grand and they would only give him credits. I have always fished with Mike Arthur of World Class Sportfishing but my buddy booked so oh well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ringer said:

Who did you fish with in Sitka? One of my favorites. Had a trip booked for this year and the lodge just closed down without any communications at all. We sent dozens of emails and made dozens of phone calls. They did tell us when we first called that we had solid dates booked. My buddy was paying for the trip and had booked first class tix for 4 for 6 grand and they would only give him credits. I have always fished with Mike Arthur of World Class Sportfishing but my buddy booked so oh well.

So who did he book with?

8 hours ago, Ringer said:

We booked with Island view charters. It was a group booking. I did not hear of one complaint.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

It’s $1,264 for 4 tickets to Sitka right now, one stop. Is the extra $4700 to sit in first class really worth it. 

no

• Haha 1

Our trip was only $200 more for first class. No brainer there due to luggage fees. I would like to try the Sitka charter one of these times. Appreciate the info again Creed. The wife likes fish so she'll be coming if I end up going again. We had these Hawaian guys in Homer that were freaking awesome. We went with Jdock out of Seward and we nicknamed the caption Captian Crunch, he was a little grouchy. Over all good times with about 350lbs of fillets.