Sign in to follow this  
zslayer

Monsoons?

Crazy, 10 day forecast puts us past the middle of the month while still not showing hardly any action!   

• Like 1

NWS here in Flag said it’s not looking promising. Funny how everyone said an early monsoon. Lol It’s just proof NO ONE really knows what the weather will do. They said dry winter and we got slammed with snow and now July looks like it will fizzle out.  

IMG_1126.thumb.jpeg.b0e0f761c41067ffb413215e36c33e62.jpeg

• Like 5

I was up north a couple weeks ago put'n around and I was amazed how little water were in most of the tanks.  After this past winter's moisture, I thought they would hold water longer than they have.  A couple were already mudholes.  The week before the 4th of July weekend I was camped along east fork of black river.  Hardly a cloud in the sky the entire time we were there.  Normally, by then we are getting a few afternoon showers.  I am hoping this is just going to be a late monsoon and not a nearly non-existent monsoon.

By the way, the howling of wolves woke us up every morning.  First time I have ever heard them, and I was surprised how long they would carry on, which was 15-20 minutes straight.  I have seen them before but never heard them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Yeah we had over 20” last monsoon down here and then a wet winter. Lots of dry brush now. A couple weeks of dry lightning strikes as this thing winds up is a little spooky

This is exactly what I’m worried about!  With the exceptional amount of growth AZ has had and now hot and dry once monsoons do finally show up they are usually weak to start with dry lightening.  Bad recipe.

• Like 1

Getting the first thunderstorm at my place now. Looks like ft huachuca is getting it good right now.  

• Like 2

4 foot tall grass and limited grazing leases. Plus the Yavapai ranch has 250k of our money and 19b tags are limited because of access ...beef prices are sky high and the guy who is a millionaire from inventing the milk carton wants our money and we still can't hunt. Like Steve Peirce the senator who supports sportsman's rights but won't let a single person hunt his ranch unless they pay the $$$$$$. Las Vegas ranch requires 1kto hunt and momma likes the antelope so you can't hunt there and game and fish gets on their knees for them and so on...

El Nino = poor monsoon but wet winters. 

22 minutes ago, Explorer said:

4 foot tall grass and limited grazing leases. Plus the Yavapai ranch has 250k of our money and 19b tags are limited because of access ...beef prices are sky high and the guy who is a millionaire from inventing the milk carton wants our money and we still can't hunt. Like Steve Peirce the senator who supports sportsman's rights but won't let a single person hunt his ranch unless they pay the $$$$$$. Las Vegas ranch requires 1kto hunt and momma likes the antelope so you can't hunt there and game and fish gets on their knees for them and so on...

Sure you posted this in the right topic?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Sure you posted this in the right topic?

Yeah. Monsoons and grass and fire and old boomers not reading all the posts related to topic. You would think someone who has nothing else to do anymore but sit on a forum would piece together posts that are not necessarily in order.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Yeah. Monsoons and grass and fire and old boomers not reading all the posts related to topic. You would think someone who has nothing else to do anymore but sit on a forum would piece together posts that are not necessarily in order.

I haven't had a day off in a week To me it appeared your post was intended to be here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I haven't had a day off in a week To me it appeared your post was intended to be here.

How do you feel about the topic then? Noticing how drama can be a topic yet nobody is willing to publicize topics and get results..