Jazz

Washington

So that happened. A job offer I couldn't refuse and now I'm headed to Washington State.

I've been thru their G&F websites and a ton of videos. Kind of confusing - but I think I got the hang of it. Any pros know the ropes?

Ater 90 days- you're a resident and then you just buy the license of what you want? (Tons of GMU's and each have quirks). I'll wait for residency- the non-residency is too pricey. From what I can tell I don't think there's a draw. That's very alien.. Maybe there is and I can't find the details. 

It'll take awhile getting used to all the new stuff. 

• Like 2

While you're figuring out the hunting, enjoy the fishing. It's awesome.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dusty said:

While you're figuring out the hunting, enjoy the fishing. It's awesome.

First order of business: combo tag! And figure out these crab rules.. 

I have a nephew that lives in Seattle and an avid hunter. I could ask if he minds you contact him.

The fishing rules are mind numbing. 

For crab you'll need calipers and the ability to distinguish sexes. But unlike the local libtards's, you only have to worry about male vs female.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Buy an az lifetime before you go if you haven’t. Pry a redundant statement but I’ll say it anyway.

X3 This is not an option, it is a no brainer!

Was stationed in Tacoma for a couple years. The fishing/crabbing is great and definitely plenty of hunting opportunity. Washington is really two different states east and west. I miss a lot about WA. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

+1 on buying the AZ lifetime license before you go. You will still be in resident pool for all draws!

I hope he continues to apply and gets your tag every year 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

They do have a draw, but also quite a few otc options. Point system for draws work similar to NV, with points squared and multiple choices. They also have a lot of different options that make it interesting like multi-season add-ons for elk and deer. If you have specific questions feel free to ask. I have hunted over there quite a few times and have friends on that side of the river :).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gonhunting247 said:

They do have a draw, but also quite a few otc options. Point system for draws work similar to NV, with points squared and multiple choices. They also have a lot of different options that make it interesting like multi-season add-ons for elk and deer. If you have specific questions feel free to ask. I have hunted over there quite a few times and have friends on that side of the river :).

Yup.

14 hours ago, Viper said:

I have a nephew that lives in Seattle and an avid hunter. I could ask if he minds you contact him.

Cool.