Sign in to follow this  
barnesy84

36b october hunt

Drew my first Coues tag I hunted in AZ 3 years ago during the Jan archery season. I was wondering what will be different in this season compared to Jan and will the deer be more isolated to secluded areas. any info is appreciated as this is my first rifle hunt after them and just after a good representative of the species.

It's going to be hot af and the moon is terrible..be prepared to be frustrated, deer will all but stop moving by 730 or so.

If it’s a big moon, the deer will be bedded early but will get up early and feed earler i the afternoon. 

• Like 1

The plus side is the deer won't have been as pressured as the later hunt. I've seen frost in the morning and 90* by mid afternoon. Other than that I can't tell you anything you probably don't already know about deer behavior. Just when you think you have them figured out,,,

Plan to get out early and stay out all day.

On 8/10/2023 at 9:00 PM, firstcoueswas80 said:

It's going to be hot af and the moon is terrible..be prepared to be frustrated, deer will all but stop moving by 730 or so.

On 8/11/2023 at 5:54 AM, wish2hunt said:

Hot Hot and Hot

Tans will be had and deer will be killed 

And snake boots and alien spray :)

1 hour ago, twistzz said:

And snake boots and alien spray :)

Nah, aliens are quitting at the gates and being released. No reason to cross through the middle of the desert. 

• Like 1

First hunt is a good hunt, in my opinion. 36b is my favorite for coues because of its large size and can find deer almost anywhere.

Not sure on what kind of monsoon moisture they had down there but I would certainly scout as much as possible from now until then and find those watering holes. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Look at it this way, Out there hunting is better than working. The deer will be there. 

• Like 2

My daughter has the same tag.  So we will be down there.  There are tons of deer and tons of people. Did you hunt the same unit during the archery hunt?