Sign in to follow this  
maximus

E-tag

3 minutes ago, maximus said:

I have a question about the e-tag, how do you tag your animal without cell service?

Exactly or a dead phone,  even after you have tagged it  ....?

• Like 1

You don’t need service. You’ll get a validation number that you write on a something, then attach to animal. Losing your phone isn’t an excuse either. The responsibility still falls on you.

All your questions are answered here: 

https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/3.2.23-Tag-Modernization-FAQ-and-App-instructions-Combined.pdf

• Like 3

Speaking from experience,  it still gives you the tag number.  I imagine it's the same as losing your wallet or backpack with your tag

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HyNoon said:

Right

If you lose your phone, just like the paper tags have always been, you stop hunting, head to town and get a duplicate tag. 

The tag number is already assigned/generated to you in your app, just can't see it until you activate it when you down your animal. Used it on my boys turkey hunt this year. It ask a bunch of survey questions as well before it lets you see the tag number if i remember correctly. I also wouldn't be surprised if it logged your GPS coordinates as well. 

1 hour ago, Newbie2012 said:

If you lose your phone, just like the paper tags have always been, you stop hunting, head to town and get a duplicate tag. 

no. you go to town and get a new phone.

• Love 1

I didn't get to put it to use, but when I went out in January archery deer hunting I wrapped some duct tape around a sharpie and threw it in my pack. I figured I could use that if I harvested a deer. I really like the e-tag option. For anyone who is curious, here's a few pictures of what it looks like on the app. 

IMG_3109.jpeg

IMG_3110.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So is the “tag my animal “ part only valid once your tag is valid?  Season dates?  This is my first year with the e-tag and I don’t personally have a tag bu my kids do.  When I go into “my tags” it shows their tag like daryl above but has not options underneath it for tagging like he shows?

Thank God I have a paper tag. Good luck to those who don't. Please report back on how it goes.

23 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

Thank God I have a paper tag. Good luck to those who don't. Please report back on how it goes.

It was pretty smooth on the turkey hunt, I was not liking all the survey questions I had to answer. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zslayer said:

So is the “tag my animal “ part only valid once your tag is valid?  Season dates?  This is my first year with the e-tag and I don’t personally have a tag bu my kids do.  When I go into “my tags” it shows their tag like daryl above but has not options underneath it for tagging like he shows?

i just checked and the same happened to me, i'm guessing when the season comes will be available.

• Like 2

A buddy used it on our bear hunt last weekend.  Easy-peasy.... 

(I bought my OTC tag at Walmart, so it was old school for me.  He bought his OTC bear and lion tags at G&F office, and they came through as etags....)

S.

• Like 1