Sign in to follow this  
horseremover

Aspen Lodge issues

46 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

The principals of Aspen Lodge (you) have taken a stance on an issue that is very important to outdoorsmen.  We will vote with our money and do our best to make fellow outdoorsmen aware of Aspen Lodge's stance concerning feral animals on public land. 

^^^^ this

And bringing up a dead thread wasn’t smart on their side. I get it that google searches bring it up but had they not resurrected it, pry would of gone deep web soon

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AmericanGirl said:

It’s truly pathetic how you try to use forums like this one to bully people into hurting a family business. Not everyone who comes from CA are liberals. There are plenty of people that just like to see all the species in our beautiful forest. You really should listen to yourselves. If that’s your mindset, then by all means, please don’t stay at the Aspen Lodge. But I’ll tell you right now, you only know 1% of the story. And it takes a real special person to try to take out a family business they know nothing about. Have you been there? Stayed there? Ever met the family? No. You haven’t. 

Did you vote for Kati hobbs for governor?

The more you know, (my elementary teacher was a big time Robert Redford fan)

The protection on the horses and burros was intended for the Spanish Conquistador horses that were left from the 16 and 17 century explorers, not the feral horses that escaped the rez.  After the movie "the electric horseman " brought the mustangs to public attention. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion sometimes its best to keep yours silent if getting hunters to use your service is more important. 

In the words of Michael Jordan 'Republicans buy shoes too'

• Like 4

1. Not a liberal. Our political views aren’t really important, but we are registered Republicans if you want to keep throwing that around  

2. we support hunting

3. we support all animals

4. your attempts at “boycott” are not hurting our business. The business revolves around horses,  it’s a guest ranch  

5. no, horses don’t spread disease to sheep. 🤦‍♀️

6. We actually never said “leave them all in the forest” unchecked. There are many forms of management. 

7. Born in CA. Wasn’t a choice. Was a choice to leave. Not sure what that has to do with anything either 

8. have yourselves a great night stirring the shoot pot. The fact this post was even created is ludicrous. The fact there’s so many jumping in without any facts is disturbing. ✌🏻 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, AmericanGirl said:

your attempts at “boycott” are not hurting our business. The business revolves around horses,  it’s a guest ranch

It follows that Aspen Lodge advocates for feral horses on public lands.  Admit it and move on.  

13 hours ago, AmericanGirl said:

1. Not a liberal. Our political views aren’t really important, but we are registered Republicans if you want to keep throwing that around  

Not sure what's worse, liberals or California Republicans

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dsotm said:

Not sure what's worse, liberals or California Republicans

It’s important to understand the difference between an ideology and political party. 

that’s some one cause have this position and claim to be a “registered republican “

• Like 1

I love dogs.  Dogs have a spot in my heart.  This does not mean that I want to see feral dogs running rampant in the forest.  This is something some horse people can’t grasp.  They can’t separate fantasies from reality.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Someone should make some posters of this and place them around the Aspen lodge.