Eli

Spring draw?

2 hours ago, mc68 said:

Results are up on portal. 

Thanks. Completely forgot to check today. 23 Javi, new area for me. At least for Javelina.

1 hour ago, Crazymonkey said:

Wanted  spring turkey  but drew 22 rifle pigs.

that's a lot of pigs!

• Haha 4

Finally looked,

22 rifle stink pig

Unit 1 turkey bird 

2024 maybe the year I drain my  million bonus points....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Got my usual archery stink pig tag and same for my son's youth sting pig tag.  The big one, though, was my daughter getting drawn again.  She's a sophomore at UofA and admitted to me this summer she misses hunting and hunting with me.  After taking a couple of years away to pursue other passions in life, she wanted to put in for javelina again.  She made it clear it had to be close to UofA/Tucson given the time she'll have available.  No problem. She got a 34B general javelina tag and I can't wait to hunt with her again!

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, IA Born said:

Got my usual archery stink pig tag and same for my son's youth sting pig tag.  The big one, though, was my daughter getting drawn again.  She's a sophomore at UofA and admitted to me this summer she misses hunting and hunting with me.  After taking a couple of years away to pursue other passions in life, she wanted to put in for javelina again.  She made it clear it had to be close to UofA/Tucson given the time she'll have available.  No problem. She got a 34B general javelina tag and I can't wait to hunt with her again!

sounds like you raised her right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

sounds like you raised her right.

We spent most of her high school years not talking much unless we were javelina hunting or turkey hunting.  Even then, it was pins and needles at times and she was well into the social life.  I knew I had to let her go if I was ever going to get her back.  Friends of mine with similarly stubborn, independent, strong-willed daughters assured me she'd come back around eventually and I just had to be patient.  I asked her every draw cycle if she wanted to hunt and then bought her bonus points when she said no.  I also told her UofA is close to several great Coues units, that she has enough points to get a good Coues tag, and that I'd rearrange my schedule to make sure I was available .  That peaked her interest.  Now to figure out 34B for pigs for her!

• Like 5