Sign in to follow this  
Ernesto C

A KING from SONORA

That's all I have so far guys, the title of the story that I will post when I get back from Sonora Mexico :D I'm leaving tomorrow morning and will do my best to bring you pictures and do the home work or asigment I have from Scout'em. See ya'

Ernesto C :)

Good Luck Ernesto, we can't wait to see the king.

Que tengas suerte Ernesto! Espero que puedas encontrar el Rey de Reyes de los venado en su area.

Mike

I came back from Sonora after looking for "Alberto The King of the Mountain" (that's how Larry (Scout'em) named the buck) the 115 inch buck he hunted for 2 days last year.

Looked for him one day with no luck, looked for him the following and within 15 minutes of glasing I already spotted 4 bucks, 80, 90, 100 and one that was pushing the number to 115 inches. I knew he was not "Alberto" but I said to my self -"sorry Larry but this buck will do for me" :)

I called my brother and another hunter on the radio to come and help me out with the stalk of this buck but we were about 6 miles apart we had no radio contact. The buck bedded down and whatched him for about two hours, once again tried to have radio contact with the others but no luck.

THE STALK

The buck was not moving at all, he problably was tired of being chasing and taking care of his hot doe that he had just behind him behind an ocotillo. I will go down to the wash will hike up to point A and from there will shoot to point B where the buck is said to my self; that's what I was trying to do but when I got down to the wash I noticed It wasn't going to work because point A was lower and will not be able to see the buck. I hiked buck up to my glassing spot where I had left my back pack and binoculars and hoping he was still bedded, yes, there he was in the same spot.

Tried one more time for my brother and/or the other hunter but the radios did not had that much reach I guess. Now I was convinced for sure that I had to do the stalk alone.

2nd TRY AND MOMENT OF TRUTH

Decided to go down again but this time will hike up the ridge all the way to the top and will move right above them. I left again my binoculars and back pack there and drink a whole bottle of water and off I went.

One hour later I was on top of the ridge and 4 hours since I glassed the buck. Catching my breath, I slowly peek or look over the rocks and look for him or his doe, nothing, I could not see them. I ranged the point where I saw them the last time, 180 yds. 30 minutes later I was thinking did they move?? did the doe got up and the buck followed her?? maybe while hiking up they moved but in which direction?? Or maybe they are still there but I just cant see them because the tree where they were bedded down is blocking my vie??

Once again called in the radios but for answer I recieved silence. Another 30 minutes went by and still nothing.

There was one moment that I felt the necessity to cough.....I could not hold it anymore and cough,cough,cough tried to muffle the noise with my shirt and hands but I guess did not work out because I looked up and there!! a deer!! is a doe or a buck?? Look through my rifle scope (That day I left my "chest binoculars" on the quad" :angry: ) it was a doe but she had me pinned and send the alarm that probably every deer herd in the whole canyon -FUUUSSHSHHH!! FUUSSHH- FUUUSSSH. She ran back on the the tree and she came out on the oposite side! then saw a deer following her! raised my rifle and through the brush I saw antlers and said....-This is the buck!! deer came out to an opening and BOOOOMMMMMM!!.......I missed!!! Now the adrenaline is at a full rush and I'm under pressure!! the doe ran back to the tree where they came out and buck following her I shot again BOOOMMMM!! I know the buck is hit!! but still moving and just before he entered the tree BOOOMMM again the buck droped on its tracks!! THEN THE UNEXPECTED HAPPENED!!! The doe came out of the tree with HUGE buck following her!! and I'm like WHAT??? totally CONFUSED!! Where that buck came from???? .........OH NO!! GOD PLEASE NO!! Dont tell me I shot the wrong buck!?!? NO PLEASE NO!! For a moment I thought on shooting the other buck too but said no! I have a buck on the ground! Came down as fast as I could to the buck and whatching the other one walk away with thousands of emotions and feelings going through my mind and body. PLEASE GOD TELL ME I DID NOT SHOT THE WRONG BUCK!! ....came to my buck and yes there he was I SHOT THE WRONG BUCK, THIS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MY BUCK!! I FELT LIKE TRASH! I FELT REALLY BAD I WANTED TO CRY. I SAID GOD I KNOW IS A GIFT FROM YOU AND I DONT WANT TO MAKE YOU MAD BUT I DID NOT WANTED THIS BUCK!! Guys, Larry............I felt and to this moment I'm still feeling bad (well now I dont feel as bad as before :( )

THE KING or I should say KINGS are still alive!! Alberto gets to live another year!! :(

Ernesto C

Yes I shot the wrong buck, I still feel like I want to puke, sorry guys .....I goofed big time

PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ernesto,

Very sorry to hear of your mistake :( , but it happens to the best of us ;). I cringed when I read that you left your binocs back at the quad! But everyone makes mistakes, and it sounds like you have a heck of a ranch that has at least 2 great bucks on it for next year. To make you feel better, a couple years ago my old man shot the wrong sheep on a Dall hunt in Canada. He had to watch as a Boone and Crockett sheep walked off after he shot his smaller buddy :o . I'd still like to see pics of your deer if you don't mind sharing.

My quad, back pack etc etc. including my camera is back on the ranch. I will go back down this weekend to help out a couple of other hunters and as soon I get back I will post some pictures.

I was so sad and upset with my self that I did not took any pictures of the buck I got. We took some later on on the ranch that I will post when I get back. The buck I shot is on the 75 - 80 range.

The other hunter that was there missed a 110 and later on the week missed a 112.........what's up with that??

Ernesto C