Sign in to follow this  
PineCountryHunter

2023-24 archery deer tracking

On phones sometimes you’ll scroll a window within a window if that makes sense. Turning the phone sideways usually will resize it and let you scroll the bigger window

19 hours ago, Eli said:

On phones sometimes you’ll scroll a window within a window if that makes sense. Turning the phone sideways usually will resize it and let you scroll the bigger window

Nothing ever seemed to help mine when it wouldn’t scroll. Even upside-down. LoL

the google address provided does seem to work consistently on my phone which is what I had bookmarked from someone sharing it before. 

• Like 1

Since most of us are on our phones, both at home and in the field, they really need to optimize that page for mobile devices. Should be able to access the link and see everything pertaining to a specific unit without having to scroll left/right. 

• Like 3

Guys have really whacked them up in my neck of the woods this year apparently, 15s are closed and 16a is almost closed, neither of them even shut down last year through Jan I'm pretty sure. I'm assuming sitting water was pretty deadly with how dry were were up until yesterday.

On 12/22/2023 at 5:13 AM, Newbie2012 said:

Since most of us are on our phones, both at home and in the field, they really need to optimize that page for mobile devices. Should be able to access the link and see everything pertaining to a specific unit without having to scroll left/right. 

notification feature would mitigate this. Whenever a unit closes they send out mass comms with all units affected. 

2 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

notification feature would mitigate this. Whenever a unit closes they send out mass comms with all units affected. 

Great idea.

This would be asking way too much from the AZFGD IT department... it's 2024...  Ed F

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 5:49 PM, bigorange said:

If you were looking on an iPhone, I've found that I have issues sometimes with not being able to scroll the whole list. I saw an explanation that made sense, but I don't honestly remember what it was.

If you grab the scroll bar on the right side you can drag it up and down but still have to scroll side to side. Annoying 

The issue is with apple.  Not gf. Get rid of the terrible iPhone 

• Haha 1

Not sure what everyone’s gripe is but I use a iPhone with this simple quick Home Screen tab and have no issues scrolling or browsing.  Kinda think it my responsibility to know what’s open by looking it up every Wednesday without a notification.  Try it hopefully it works for you.  Copy it,look it up and Home Screen it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1Cx1a40_mywVd8rv1IvsOoG4tQwoTWvXM4LHn31721Hw/htmlembed/sheet?gid=412778987

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

The issue is with apple.  Not gf. Get rid of the terrible iPhone 

Uh, no.  I’m on Android. 

Its 2024. There are better options for displaying data on mobile devices now. 

• Like 3

On 1/4/2024 at 12:29 PM, Sneaker said:

Guys have really whacked them up in my neck of the woods this year apparently, 15s are closed and 16a is almost closed, neither of them even shut down last year through Jan I'm pretty sure. I'm assuming sitting water was pretty deadly with how dry were were up until yesterday.

Those units can't stand that kind of harvest.  Especially not with 2000 donkeys between Katherine Landing and Hoover Dam.  Generally, it is a treat to even see a mule deer in the 15s.

Between BLM and Park Service, the land managers are paralyzed in terms of taking action.  Too many career bureaucrats and tree-huggers.  I remember years ago at Grand Canyon NP, when the Chief Ranger discovered he had a backcountry or river ranger who could shoot, and also keep their mouth shut, the instructions were to sneak up the side canyons and kill every donkey they could find.  Death Valley NP the same, though that is mostly in CA (and a little sliver in NV).

Feral donkeys have a 20% per year rate of reproduction, and no natural enemies.  They are pretty good eating however, as I have been told. 

AZGFD needs to get moving.  They have too many frivolous programs catering to urbanites.  These folks are not going to pay the bills when the boomers die off or age out of the outdoors.  AZGFD has a lot of smart people, and I am sure they know that the cash cow that they have enjoyed for the past 60 yrs. (the boomers) is now drying up. and the gen. Z, gen. X and millennials do not have the same values, affinity for the land and wildlife, and likelihood of sufficient financial means over their lifetimes to fund outdoor hobbies and volunteer work,  I know there are a lot of good, motivated kids, and parents who are trying to pass on outdoor ethics and values that they learned from previous generations, but overall, I do not see it happening.  If hunting and fishing in AZ is going to survive in any form resembling what we have now, they better be planning to hire a LOT of lawyers.

I don't know what business model AZGFD is planning on to keep themselves funded at the same level they are now, but I suspect we are in for some real changes in the hunting and fishing community.