Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Rut report.

Had a herd of mule deer in the backyard with three bucks a few minutes ago.  They were all trying to get lucky :)  

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Edited by twistzz
Add Pics

I have a friend who lives in central AZ, and he has deer all around him.  As of this morning he has only seen a small 2 point and 3 point move into the area.  The bigger bucks usually show up after Christmas so should be any day now.  The area where lives has already met its quota so all he can do is watch the deer.

Been chasing a very large buck around. Saturday he was solo working a scrape line. Today he has five does. Last night he was trying to corner a particular doe. 

Rut? Same as always, the last 2 weeks of January and the first 2 weeks of february. Is been like that for ever!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, zslayer said:

Still too early for southern coues but is anyone seeing any rut action in the central units after that last storm and cool temps?  I’d imagine the mule deer in the southern units are starting a little?

In 34a now.  Glassed up over 20 doe across several groups not a single buck with them (WT). 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Green Bullet said:

In 34a now.  Glassed up over 20 doe across several groups not a single buck with them (WT). 

That’s wild. We’re across the hyw seen 7 bucks so far all with does

9 hours ago, twistzz said:

Had a herd of mule deer in the backyard with three bucks a few minutes ago.  They were all trying to get lucky :)  

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Ah is that a feeder, thats illegal , lol . Verry cool.

Been in 34a for 8 days this hunt, today was the first day I saw any rut activity. Several small bucks chasing and birddogging and my brother shot a nice buck that was with a doe

• Like 2