Sign in to follow this  
Couesnut

Border Crossing

Ive been going down through Douglas for 16 or 17 years to hunt deer and occasionally some Goulds. The ONLY problem we have ever had is being extorted for $40 or $50 bucks occasionally,  and the dang knuckleheads on the US side coming back in. 

Sure is funny how much grief they give hunters over some ticks that can't get over the border any other way than on a dead deer cape.  Sure wish they had something else to worry about, oh wait.......

To be fair, we travel in the daylight and we don't hang out in the towns or cities. Once we cross we head straight to the ranch. I know its different than Rocky Point, but it sure isn't much of a risk if you ask me. A lot more dangerous in parts of the US. 

JUST TO BE CLEAR, I'm not knocking our border patrol, I know they have a thankless job and their hands are tied sometimes. My beef is with the Fish and Wildlife

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Nobody that goes there and has fun, expects it to be like america. But you’re not having to run for your life daily in rocky point

FYI, I have been to Mexico, deep in Sonora, Ciudad Obregon in 2008. 16,17 how ever many years old kids manning 50 caliber machine guns pointed at us at basic checkpoints is enough to give me the creeps. Let alone all the schit that one can get caught up in, accidentally. 

49 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

FYI, I have been to Mexico, deep in Sonora, Ciudad Obregon in 2008. 16,17 how ever many years old kids manning 50 caliber machine guns pointed at us at basic checkpoints is enough to give me the creeps. Let alone all the schit that one can get caught up in, accidentally. 

You’re in that rare group that’s been, probably had a great time every time, wasn’t robbed, and then tells people they’re crazy for going. 

34 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

You’re in that rare group that’s been, probably had a great time every time, wasn’t robbed, and then tells people they’re crazy for going. 

Do you know what Casey's job is?

2 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Ive been going down through Douglas for 16 or 17 years to hunt deer and occasionally some Goulds. The ONLY problem we have ever had is being extorted for $40 or $50 bucks occasionally,  and the dang knuckleheads on the US side coming back in. 

Sure is funny how much grief they give hunters over some ticks that can't get over the border any other way than on a dead deer cape.  Sure wish they had something else to worry about, oh wait.......

To be fair, we travel in the daylight and we don't hang out in the towns or cities. Once we cross we head straight to the ranch. I know its different than Rocky Point, but it sure isn't much of a risk if you ask me. A lot more dangerous in parts of the US. 

JUST TO BE CLEAR, I'm not knocking our border patrol, I know they have a thankless job and their hands are tied sometimes. My beef is with the Fish and Wildlife

if your coming thru the Douglas Port of entry you will have no contact with US Border Patrol

On 1/2/2024 at 5:02 PM, AZLance said:

if your coming thru the Douglas Port of entry you will have no contact with US Border Patrol

What does this mean, like there’s only Mexicans watching the border at Douglas?

So who is checking in the guns and checking hides/paperwork when coming back?

10 hours ago, coueswt said:

So who is checking in the guns and checking hides/paperwork when coming back?

That would be customs. Border Patrol doesn't work at the POEs.

• Thanks 1

Actually we almost always get stopped north of Douglas by border patrol at their checkpoint.  We have never had a problem though hence the reason I made sure to clarify.