Sign in to follow this  
Couesnut

Border Crossing

1 hour ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Actually we almost always get stopped north of Douglas by border patrol at their checkpoint.  We have never had a problem though hence the reason I made sure to clarify.  

yup, but not at the POE as I stated above. Customs works the ports of entry, Border Patrol works areas not inside the ports. Recently all Arizona border patrol checkpoints have been shut down for months.

1 hour ago, AZLance said:

yup, but not at the POE as I stated above. Customs works the ports of entry, Border Patrol works areas not inside the ports. Recently all Arizona border patrol checkpoints have been shut down for months.

Went through 19C the other day. Not a single agent working it. I've never seen that before. Still a bunch of rovers parked, but not a sole watching the lines.

On 1/6/2024 at 9:24 PM, AZLance said:

Pretty sure it was only the lukeville port that shut down

On 1/2/2024 at 2:20 PM, WHT_MTNMAN said:

JUST TO BE CLEAR, I'm not knocking our border patrol, I know they have a thankless job and their hands are tied sometimes. My beef is with the Fish and Wildli

Kinda of sounds like you are the knucklehead, never had fish and wildlife seize my hide for a tick. Heck when the guy or the new gal been there they only check the tag to the contract.  I have never seen them looking for ticks. When I asked them about ticks they state that a USDA cbp issue. 

3 minutes ago, Jim8521 said:

Pretty sure it was only the lukeville port that shut down

There's a difference between ports and checkpoints. Lance is correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim8521 said:

Kinda of sounds like you are the knucklehead, never had fish and wildlife seize my hide for a tick. Heck when the guy or the new gal been there they only check the tag to the contract.  I have never seen them looking for ticks. When I asked them about ticks they state that a USDA cbp issue. 

He is not the knucklehead. 2 of our 4 capes were tossed in trash just last year...

5 hours ago, Big or Bust said:

He is not the knucklehead. 2 of our 4 capes were tossed in trash just last year...

But did fish and wildlife take them or did the usda officer take them. If you can't tell the difference then my guess is your one of those idiots that does not listen to what you are told. Here is the proof it's a US department of agricultural rule. The same folks that bann the import of doves from mexico.

Screenshot_20240115_170959_Drive.jpg

13 hours ago, Jim8521 said:

But did fish and wildlife take them or did the usda officer take them. If you can't tell the difference then my guess is your one of those idiots that does not listen to what you are told. Here is the proof it's a US department of agricultural rule. The same folks that bann the import of doves from mexico.

Screenshot_20240115_170959_Drive.jpg

Man, fora  new guy, your on your way to making lots of friends quickly ..,, I had USDA or whoever give me crap cause the ears on my solid frozen cape were semi  flexible…  I followed rules, wtf difference is it if my cape starts to defrosts at the border , or when it’s back in the valley?

• Like 1

I think no one is at the check point and who works them. Maybe

We didn’t bring capes back, but the USDA guy working the Nogales border last week was a real jerk. Bossing us around all over the place. Was threatening us and acting like we were cape smugglers and going on and on about losing our vehicle if he found a cape we were hiding. I definitely got the impression he would have been very very strict about ticks if we had one to declare…

Had probably the same turd 2 yrs back. Xrayed our vehicles and said dead ticks are contraband. I ask him if I could at least keep my scope, finally lightened up after final dog run around or vehicles, while obvious drugs rolling right by us bad Americans.

Had 15-20 "immigrants" walk through our camp Saturday. All women and kids and a couple of 12-15 year old boys. 

Saw two border patrol trucks in 3 days on the Ruby Road.