Sign in to follow this  
Oakley

San Carlos

On 1/13/2024 at 12:10 PM, Kaffer62 said:

Guide is required for Unit D and also RC-100. 

IMG_5529.png

This is incorrect.   You do not need a guide for unit D

IMG_20240114_145546.jpg

• Thanks 1

Anyone know anything about the turkey tags? Filled out the application and emailed it in a couple weeks ago and have never heard anything. Phone call verified available tags before I applied. Lady said they were not allowing on site over the counter purchases anymore as in the past.

44 minutes ago, singleshot said:

Anyone know anything about the turkey tags? Filled out the application and emailed it in a couple weeks ago and have never heard anything. Phone call verified available tags before I applied. Lady said they were not allowing on site over the counter purchases anymore as in the past.

Friend told me he did the same…he got charged so he assumes he got a tag but hasn’t received or been notified. 

• Like 1

I bought a bear tag using the online application. I was charged, but haven’t received a tag in the mail.

We tried to get fall turkey tags. Mailed everything in, called and they said they have it right there and next on the list, got an email, called again and again - never got a tag and decided to not keep forcing money to someone that obviously didn't want it.

I saw the discrepancy on unit D requiring a guide. I spoke with three different people at their office and none of them could give me a definitive answer. 

On 1/12/2024 at 1:45 PM, lefty said:

while deer hunting up there a few days ago we had another hunter tell us his card already got charged the$3500 like it already happened, maybe he was confused ? 

Any luck? We were there for the 3rd rifle hunt 

The 2nd turkey hunt sold out right away. I was in there office a week ago and they still had 1st and 3rd season tags. I know several guys waiting on a charge for bear. When I was down there they said very limited fall bear tags left.

we were in A for the 3rd rifle hunt,my cousin had the tag, saw a ton of bucks but nothing big enough for him....and we glassed up a lion, that was cool