Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Good buck

Punched my tag on a good buck a couple of days ago, just thought I'd share a picture since it's so slow these days...394127484_unnamed(1).thumb.jpg.075a19a9c1fc169061f33f8057fe6afa.jpg

• Like 37
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 3

Sweet buck!

Love the browtines.

Congrats and thanks for sharing with the site!

• Like 1

Strong work, killer buck!!

• Like 1

Definitely a great looking buck. Congrats and would like to hear the story about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Story is short and simple.  Had a tough hunt, punched my 2023 tag on the last day on a smaller buck,  jacked my ankle pretty bad packing it out.   Unfortunate, because I had a Javelina tag and a 2024 tag.  Fortunately after a few days of rest at camp I was able to get a brace on it and limp around killing my javelina.  By the last few days I was able to navigate a little on the hillsides, so I got after the coues again.  Encountered this buck the day before I killed him, bumped him with does and really couldn't pursue him where he went.  Returned the next day, turned him up around some does, slipped in and had him walk to 12 yards behind a doe.  Could only see his head and we were in a standoff.  The doe eventually blew, the buck bolted but curled back to look for the doe. Stopped at 27 for a brief moment and I arrowed him....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1