maximus

az ground pounders

Ask the guy that wrote that on bowsite about the 400” bull he had drawn back on at 48yds and why he didn’t shoot it. You can’t shoot them for the clients. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

If that guy knows so much about stalking elk with a bow, why did he hire a guide? 

Last year I hired a guide for a rifle Elk hunt. First time for me. Reason was I was tired of being a solo hunter when I killed an Elk. I needed help with the pack out. My guides were young enough to be my grandkids. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ya im gonna call BS. I've sat in snow storms and rain storms until I couldn't  take anymore and they pushed me thru it. Yes they fight there brothers communicating. Sounds like a rich guy that didn't have his hunt work out. Those Young men have probably grounded more 400" bulls and 120" whitetails then any powerline outfitters. And lion hunting no comparison. This is why ill only cook.

• Like 3

The huge majority of outfitters are garbage and everyone knows it. That being said, that is the only negative thing i’ve heard about azgp. I’d take it with a grain of salt. Someone is pissy they ate a tag. Archery hunts are tough

• Like 5

He says they blew up 4 stalks? Clearly he hasn't hunted much. There isn't a human on the planet that doesn't blow stalks. You keep trying till it happens just right. I've been in camp with them and they hunt hard with lots of local knowledge. There is a reason they can charge as much as they do, they kill big stuff constantly.

• Like 2

I think that guy was pissed about not harvesting anything, I read so many positive things about them and was surprise about, I was doing a search and that came up.

i’m they are great guides.

• Like 3

I don't know them personally but a good friend does that I trust, and speaks highly of them. They kill alot of big stuff. 

• Like 2

it says, if you click further, that he was successful.  so.....I don't know what he's complaining about.  

47 minutes ago, bojangles said:

it says, if you click further, that he was successful.  so.....I don't know what he's complaining about.  

a dude can still be successful on a hunt and have a terrible time. But who knows how it went you know 

• Like 2

Out of state hunter from a hunt 8 years ago. I usually blow that many stalks by lunch everyday. It's called hunting. 

• Like 3