Tom196

Classic car insurance

In the process of buying a ‘67 Camaro. No, I’m not hobnobbing at barrett jackson this week.  Been getting quotes from several insurance companies like haggerty, grundy, etc.  Looking for good and bad info from any of you that have a policy for a collector car especially if you ever filed a claim.

I use hagerty. I haven’t had to file any claims yet so I can’t really comment on that process. The reasons I chose hagerty over others was because I could insure my vehicle without having to store it inside and locked when not in use, and because they still cover regular driving like running to the grocery store or driving to work. The others seemed to only cover “joy rides” , travel to and from car shows and travel to and from a mechanic. But you better not stop for a loaf of bread or a carton of eggs, that would make it an errand and ineligible for coverage. 

I use ACI. Link HERE.

Used them for the last 3 years for my '92 Miata.  Agreed value of $12,000 and includes full cover.

Annual policy just renewed this month at $400.  Last year it was $360.

Previously had Hagerty.  Too restrictive and expensive.

ACI allows for up to 5,000 miles/year with normal driving like trips to Safeway or driving to work occasionally.

Eddie

Good info, those are two of the quotes I did online Grundy was the third.  Need to call all and ask about restrictions.  Want to occasionally drive it to work or use for quick errands.

Thank you

We are insured by State Farm. I thought I’d have to go elsewhere for classic insurance for my 76 bronco but they insure it for a stated value of 45k and it costs us like $280 every 6 mos. Stipulations are had to have historic plates and can’t drive over 1000 miles a year. Have to take a pic of odo and sent to them once I year. FWIW

I have grundy on my stuff. Including my 67 Camaro. Great choice 👍🏻. It’s an agreed upon value like others said and really the only stipulation I have is that they don’t want you using it as your daily and no mileage restriction. 

It’s got a 525hp ls3, t56 magnum 6spd, 4.10 12 bolt. It’s riding on hotchkis suspension now,but have 10k worth of ridetech in boxes ready to go in soon! Car is an absolute blast to drive. With no traction control the wife isn’t allowed to drive it. Lol

IMG_0582.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 1

Nice looking 67. Any pics under the hood?

Sweet, I’m sitting here waiting on the funds to transfer to my credit union then the seller is bringing it over. Should have it today or Monday.  Mine’s a RS/SS that was built with a 396. In 1969 someone put in the 427ci/425hp 512 casting big block with aluminum heads and fuel injection. It just had a frame off restoration too.

My first car as a teenager in 1981 was a 68 so I’m having my midlife crisis now a little later than most….

IMG_3104.jpeg

IMG_3103.jpeg

• Like 2

I have my insurance on mine thru American Family... and no issues yet. Mine is due for a paint job again, and then I'll up my value after that. But they offer collector car insurance very reasonably as well. With similar restrictions as others.

10 hours ago, Rhinoaz said:

It’s got a 525hp ls3, t56 magnum 6spd, 4.10 12 bolt. It’s riding on hotchkis suspension now,but have 10k worth of ridetech in boxes ready to go in soon! Car is an absolute blast to drive. With no traction control the wife isn’t allowed to drive it. Lol

IMG_0582.jpeg

Nice. Ever take it down the ole 1320?