Sign in to follow this  
arizonian

Coy Dog?

Came across this guy just down the street yesterday morning. My first instinct was to chase him down with my truck but I didn't want to ruin the neighbor's yard so I got out the camera.

Young, scrawny, starving coyote, don't believe he has a pack, and I'm thinking it might be a coy dog judging by the lack of tail.

Is it possible? Or does he have a bad case of mange?

Third time I have seen him in the hood, so maybe I'll get a better shot.

20240225_121418.jpg

20240225_121428.jpg

20240225_121451.jpg

20240225_121406.jpg

Edited by arizonian
Another pic

Definitely a wild dog, looks like Chupalacabra 

• Haha 1

I've seen that in areas with over population issues back when I used to do caIIing con te$t s... we would get some with very dark grey skin and no hair.  I'll have to see if I have some old pictures of them somewhere. Saw a coyote  in Phoenix like that about 2 months ago.

5 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

My opinion is that is just a city coyote with mange. 

Ya city dogs get like that a lot too from eating trash and junk. Looked more rural, so I didn't mention that.. .. I was going to.

Mange 

On 2/27/2024 at 12:56 PM, JLW said:

Mange 

Saw him really close yesterday morn. Almost no hair, really dark skin. Read up on mange, so mange it is.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

Thanks for the update. Any close up pics!  And has your research shown if they can survive mange and regrow their coats?

If not treated they may live for a couple of years but to survive and regrow fur they need to be treated with ivermectin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PRDATR said:

If not treated they may live for a couple of years but to survive and regrow fur they need to be treated with ivermectin.

That will keep him from getting the rona too. LoL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/13/2024 at 5:19 PM, PRDATR said:

I'll be damned if I'm going to chase him down and give a him shot of Ivermectin! That stuff is for me and my family!

• Like 1

Yep, I wouldn't touch that Mange mutt ...... 

Can you believe this one is still alive ... not my photo, but them city dogs got it rough

2004290113_Screenshot_20240314_030659_Instagram2.thumb.jpg.8fbc693e70a005867283453574456783.jpg

• Wow! 2

18 hours ago, HyNoon said:

Yep, I wouldn't touch that Mange mutt ...... 

Can you believe this one is still alive ... not my photo, but them city dogs got it rough

2004290113_Screenshot_20240314_030659_Instagram2.thumb.jpg.8fbc693e70a005867283453574456783.jpg

Dang that's gnarly.  Does mange turn into whatever that dogs got going on or unrelated?