Sign in to follow this  
deercrazy

Frustrated By Potential Buyers

So recently I have posted several guns that I don't get much use from, and have become frustrated with members chastising me for selling my gun to a person who did what they said they were going to do and giving me my price for the gun.  I was accused of being "Craigslistesh" because the prospective buyer wondered if I ever "get up this way", or guys asking me to come from the far west valley to make it easier on them to make a purchase.  Sorry, but no.  I once drove to Tucson to buy a gun that a member had for sale and I paid his price, because I wanted that gun.  I didn't ask for anything from him!  I sold my gun to the first person that arrived with cash.  Get over it.  To me, it doesn't matter what place "in line" you are.  I joined this site nearly 15 years ago to learn about hunting and fishing in Arizona.  Now it is mostly a classified ads anyway, so I am sorry that some might be sore at me. Stepped off soapbox

• Like 14

Man, is it really that difficult to say 'no'?

Like The Great One said, you miss all the shots you don't take. 

• Like 1

I can empathize with deercrazy's experience. Although it's true that its not difficult to say "no", it should also not be difficult to hear "no."

I've had the "I can come look at it a week from Tuesday" (which is not an acceptance of the offer and is really only an offer to kick the tires which is often followed by an offer significantly lower than the offered price). To which I respond "Okay, I'll let you know if it sells before then."

Then, when I sell to a person who unambiguously accepts the offer to sell at the offered price by saying "I'll take it.", I inform the tire-kicker that the item has sold and instead of hearing "Cool, thanks for letting me know.", the person grouses (sometimes to the point of chastising) because because they perceived that they had the right of first refusal.  To me, however, they already exercised that right when they refused the offer by not accepting it and instead merely offered to potentially engage in future negotiations.

I understand it's the nature of the business and we should have thick skin but being righteously indignant is fun and free.  Sometimes that's all we have in this world.  🤣

• Like 4

If  someone had dibs on it thru you and you sold it out from underneath them then yes you deserve to be bashed. If no deal was made no harm. I had a verbal deal on a sxs and some dick sold it out from under me as i was driving to get it from a long ways away. Dick move and not a real man.

13 minutes ago, TOBY said:

If  someone had dibs on it thru you and you sold it out from underneath them then yes you deserve to be bashed. If no deal was made no harm. I had a verbal deal on a sxs and some dick sold it out from under me as i was driving to get it from a long ways away. Dick move and not a real man.

no deal, and no meet up plan.  Just ticked that I sold my gun to someone that made a deal and paid cash.

I once bought something that had been hard to find, on ebay, and when the guy took it to the UPS store to ship it, the clerk at UPS thought it was cool and the seller sold it to him, after I had already bought it at the offered price on ebay! That pissed me off pretty good, especially when the guy that bought it just did so as a novelty, and I really needed it and had spent a year trying to find it.

• Wow! 1

Certainly if a deal was reached then it should be, as we say, a done deal.  Offer + Acceptance of Offer = Deal.  At that point, if either the buyer or seller renege then bash away.  Reneging on a done deal costs the other side time/money/frustration. 

I'll take it or I'll buy it should be the sale. If  any other post has questions or wants a pm, then they are negotiating and that's all good, but maybe a day late and a dollar short.

• Like 2

Sometimes it's just worth mentioning in the post that tire kickers don't get dibs.  If you set your expectations very clearly that's harder for somebody to have something to b**** about.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

I'll take it or I'll buy it should be the sale. If  any other post has questions or wants a pm, then they are negotiating and that's all good, but maybe a day late and a dollar short.

I humbly disagree.  I recently made a deal with a guy, but he was going on vacation and would I hold the gun for him until he returns. Sure. Upon return, he stated that he spent too much money on vacation, and can I wait for payday.  On payday, I messaged, and dude is gone.  This is after I reduced my price for him, Ghosted.  I bent for several of his terms, and then he backs out.  No harm, no foul, but frustrating.

I've encountered some real flakes buying/selling on CW. Still not as bad as Craigslist.

• Like 1

I've bought  and sold many  items on here and most go great . But a few don't  and it is frustrating  when  things  don't  go as they should  . I've had guns sold out from  under me even  with  a deal made . I've waited  for a member  to pick up free items  only to be left waiting  with  no response  . I've been bashed  for selling  a gun after the person didn't  respond  . At the end of the day it's  still  your item to sell or there's  and there's  always  another  deal . It just seems some  are not men of there words  . I always  let people  know  that there's a deal going  and try to follow  up with everyone  even  after it's done so the next guy has an idea that the item has sold . Just me trying  to do the right  thing. 

Then there all ways clowns like this. Screenshot_20240405-221428_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fe1add53c7ccd42e132a4664afcdd4ff.jpgScreenshot_20240405-220935_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d3b61c1abf7b5c80b4537a758d685d74.jpg