firstcoueswas80

Another awesome day of pigeon shooting

Took my boy and the dog, met up with a couple of friends and the pigeon shooting did not disappoint! Scooby, the black lab is a MONSTER. Scooch my Airedale got a heck of a work out. We worked on not retrieving until released. She did great. The boy did more shooting than hitting, but he had a blast! Great day over all and still as much fun as you can have with your pants on!

20240505_091201.jpg

20240505_210852.jpg

20240505_090031.jpg

20240505_065605.jpg

20240505_061445.jpg

• Like 15
  • Love 1

Dang, that looks fun!!!

Have you tried to eat any of them?

1 hour ago, JSR said:

Have you tried to eat any of them?

Never have. The ones that I clean I give to the dog although the meat looks perfectly fine just looks like a big Dove breast

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Never have. The ones that I clean I give to the dog although the meat looks perfectly fine just looks like a big Dove breast

I always found it odd that guys will shoot and eat dove but throw away the pigeons on the same trip. To me they taste exactly the same. Looks like fun!

Oh it's not that I won't eat them. It's just she loves them and she eats a completely raw diet so it's basically collecting dog food.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Oh it's not that I won't eat them. It's just she loves them and she eats a completely raw diet so it's basically collecting dog food.

I didn't think you wouldn't I was just pointing out I think its weird some guys eat dove but won't touch them. I have a buddy that will shoot limits of coots for dog treats. Good way to have fun and feed the dog!

• Like 2

Off the dairy I don't have a problem eating a pigeon. Heck, I prefer to shoot the pigeons and euros because they are bigger. 

Alot of them end up as dog food, but I have eaten both I am sure. 

I have a great dairy collared dove green chili popper recipe courtesy of big Browns 

• Like 1

It's not about how many birds y'all get. That smile on your boy's face says it all. Congrats Casey keep it up 👍

All about the dogs and dad and kids having a fantastic day!!  I’d shoot them all day long!  Go get them especially those collard doves!