catfish

when did you shoot your first big game animal

It was 1982. I was 14. It was a 3x3 mulie in 6a. Ill try to find the one picture that was taken of it. And just like someone else said... now I take tons of pictures.

I was 10 years old. Shot a doe in the Kaibab at 184 yards.

I was 10 and I shot a small broken up 3x2 muley off a water hole. I can remember how excited I was when I saw him come in. At the time I thought he was huge! After that I went on and shot 2 nice whitetails/elk/pigs/etc. with a rifle then, as a kid still, decidede that I didnt want to deal with the ringging in my ears anymore from the rifle shots so I started bowhunting in 2009 (when I was 13 y.o) and as tradition shot a muley for my first archery deer. It was in 34a, late december, spotted him early in the morning and stalked him and his 11 does all day long but with no sucess. Finaly before dark I gave it one last try and he made the mistake of walking behind a set of cholla that had an opening in it. He was a 2x4 muley. He didnt make book so I am on the journey to get a record book muley come jan.

post-4675-0-06831600-1313342816_thumb.jpg

80" Coues buck at 75 yards with borrowed 30-30 in AZ unit 35A at age 15. Moved from Michigan and thought it was a "baby" whitetail. Researched AZ whitetail and learned I took a good one. Addicted since...

September 27, 1997 I was 14 and took a cow elk in unit 5A with my dad and brother. I thought I was real hot stuff. Those cow hunts at the end of Sept. were tons of fun and perfect for getting a couple of youngsters hooked on hunting.

1985, 14 years old, archery Turkey out of a roost in a tree at first light. Thought I missed as the arrow went sailing off into the sunrise. Then the bird started coming down and hit just about every branch on the way down it seemed. Shot through the neck.

My first big game animal was the smallest Muley one could take, 6 inch spikes. It was late morning when my dad told me and my older brother to go two ridges over as he was going down the ridge we were on. Soon after getting on the ridge we were assigned, we started to walk in the same direction my dad was walking when my brother whispered "there they are, shoot the last one." I said, "which one is the last one." He then said, "the third one." I sat down into some jumping cactus, but set up anyway. With the Winchester 30-30 up and ready. I squeezed the trigger as the third deer came into view of the 4 power scope. I dropped him right were he was with a neck shot. I think I was 10 or 11. Man what a blast that was.

Guest oneshot

I was 9years old and I shot a 4pointer with a homemade bow with field-tipped cedar arrow in up-state NY on the farm. I was squirrel hunting and the buck came right to me like I wasn't there, he turned side ways at like 5feet and the arrow passed right through him, the blood trail was massive and he dropped in sight. My Dad kinda was PO'ed at first because a ran to hos stand and messed-up his hunt and he didn't believe me at first, he used his tag and his season was over, I had no tag or licence, but the proud look on his face and the hugs as we walked up on the deer will aways stay with me forever. That was my only deer taken without proper tags, I got a lecture on hunting rules and extra work, but the punishment was worth it...

. We hung the buck from the maple tree in the front yard, and for the next 40years, there were deer, turkey, ducks and rabbits hanging for all to see as they drove past...

I was 11 and killed a 1x2 mulie hunting with dad. Have had the opportunity be see several first big game kills with family and friends, all have been nothing short of spectacular. Have hunts with 3 first timers this fall, one is my 13 year old daughter. I have a feeling that she will be my best hunt memory to date, looking quite forward to it.

I was pretty old. 19 when I took my first javelina with a bow. Didn't kill anything else after that for about ten years, but I wasn't doing much hunting during that period of my life.