Scotty,

Nice job on a great write up and a great bull. Us bowhunters also had a tougher hunt than most years up there. I agree that it is the experience and comradery that really makes the hunt. I personally think the peak of the rut was postponed a little bit this year for one reason or the other. Next year should have more really big bulls than average if we get good rain as a lot of people did not fill their tags this year. Thanks again for the great write up. I looked for you up there but I guess I should have asked you what color your truck was.

Mike

Way to go Scotty!! I really wish I could have been there but I guess it just wasn't to be. Good job on ferreting a darn good bull out of the timber during a really tough year!!

Congratulations!!

That's awesome!! Especially the "last bugle" part. Way to get it done and adapt your tactics to the conditions. I love that part of AZ too. :) congrats on your first bull!!

It felt like you WERE there, Scott!! We were danged sure glad to have you along..

I was keeping Scott up to date with info as much as I could, as often as I could via phone.. Thanks Scott for all the help!

Thanks guys!

Great write up of an even greater experience Scottyboy! Awesome bull, congrats! JIM>

Great elk, story and trip. Congrats. And no, it is not the monster elk that we all see while scouting and hope we find them again during the hunt. But it is sure a keeper and one that anyone would be proud to harvest! Way to go and with a muzzleloader.

dang did he get muzzle burns at 10ft. I bet that was a rush to see at that distance! Congrats Dude!

Thanks again guys!! It was a great hunt for sure. Can't wait to draw another AZ elk tag!

As for the powder burns, let's just say that when I pulled the trigger, the bull was instantly elgulfed in smoke!!