Here is a pic of a coues my buddy shot yesterday. It has a split main beam and just though it was cool looking so I thought I would share.

post-3605-1256659274.jpg

That's the only one I got from him but I will see if I can get some more and the story to go with them.

We spotted this deer about 7:15 Monday morning. While planning our stalk the deer bedded down which gave us a little more time to get to closer. This is just what we needed since every other buck we seen on this hunt managed to give us the slip when they would move around the hill to bed down and we were unable to relocate them. So we moved slowly down the ridge until we were 272 yds of the deer. This being my girlfriend's second deer hunt i gave her the first shot at the buck. We both got set up on the buck and she let it rip. While watching the shot through my scope i thought she got him, but the next thing i know the deer is standing up. I tell her to reload and I am going to shoot. I take a couple of deep breaths and settle the crosshairs on him and squeeze the trigger. After the recoil of the gun I don't see the deer anymore. I reload and start looking for the deer. After a few seconds of not seeing I put the gun down and look up where the deer was standing with my binos and can see him laying up there. Once we made our way over to the deer we were shocked at what we had just shot. Then we determined that her shot missed just low of where the deer was laying and mine was the one that killed the deer. We had a great hunt and hopefully next time she will be the one that gets the deer.

post-461-1256790917_thumb.jpg

post-461-1256790937_thumb.jpg

post-461-1256790949_thumb.jpg

Great job man. You and your brother going to save some good bucks for us? Congrats