flyphsr

daughters 1ST COUES HUNT

My daughter Brittany is 15 and this was her first hunt. Did alot of scouting and seen alot of nice bucks, elk, and bear it was alot of fun and a great experince for the both of us. I decided to sit a water hole after I had sat there all of bear season (bear never came in till I was taking down the stands and female harvest was met oh well next year) alot of deer were coming in and I didn't want her to have to shoot to far.

post-3712-1257108843_thumb.jpg

post-3712-1257108880_thumb.jpg

post-3712-1257108910_thumb.jpg

The dates and times are wrong I know. I knew there was a few nice bucks in the area and getting them at the hole was going to be lucky. I really just wanted her to have fun see some animals and we did.

post-3712-1257109452_thumb.jpg

post-3712-1257109559_thumb.jpg

post-3712-1257109599_thumb.jpg

So we started her hunt hoping to have a chance at one of those bucks. We decided that after the first two days we were going to shoot what ever came in. We got to the spot an hour befor the sun came up on opening day and started our mile and a half hike in, witch she was not happy about having to make for the next four days. We arived at the stands as the sun was coming up and we climbed in.

post-3712-1257110807_thumb.jpg

The bulls were bugeling and the cows were calling like it was the middle of sept, and it wasn't long befor they showed up and went for a swim. The elk drank and played for about fourty-five min, befor they walked off. It was cool to see them interact with each other and Brittany realy enjoyed it too.

post-3712-1257111349_thumb.jpg

post-3712-1257111386_thumb.jpg

For the first two days nothing but does, fawns, and elk I was proud of Brittany for sitting almost still for ten hours every day. It was tuff but seeing animales helps.

post-3712-1257111995_thumb.jpg

post-3712-1257112027_thumb.jpg

It was sun and I was starting to think that even the smaller bucks were going to come in. Then in the distance I could see movement I told Britt to get her gun ready. As the deer came out of the trees I could see it was a small buck. I told her that it was sunday and this could be our only chance, see took aim and shot. She must of jerked because she missed behind him and he took off right through the tank and up the hill and out of sight. She couldn't get a second shot because he was running. We sat there the rest of the day with only does showing up. It was monday the last day we were going to be there and it started like the rest first the elk then the does. It was close to noon when I noticed movement it was three does and the fourth was a differnt small buck. Britt was ready, the does hung up and so did he about two or three min of trying to decide what they wanted to do he headed to the water. This was a buck I had seen befor and thought he was unique. Britt took aim and shot this time hitting him in the front shoulder, he dove in the water and out the other side she wasn't letting this one get away and shot three more times thank God she missed with all of them and he went down. This was a great hunt didn't get the big one but a trophy nun the less.

post-3712-1257114128_thumb.jpg

post-3712-1257114150_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Brittany!! Great story, looks like a good place to keep a kid interested. Thanks for sharing the pictures and story. :)

--Bill

Great story & pics!!! Cool first buck for Brittney!!!! Good for her!

Thanks for sharing with the site!!

S.

:)

PS: Is that a BAR or a .870? We've got one of each that my kids hunt with from time to time..... ;)

Congratulations to the young lady. That is a great trophy for a first deer and to be able to sit and watch nature for that long a great reward.

Aaron