jackshoe

Prayer Request for tjhunt2

Prayers sent. Hang in there and stay strong

Prayers sent to you TJ.

May you enjoy a speedy recovery.

I know how scary appendix's can be. I had mine rupture and I played it off in typical male fashion. Finally fainted at home and was given a 25% chance of living. It ruptured, spilled over 2 liters of fluid into my abdomen, and then proceeded to wrap itself around my intestines. I made it out alright and I know you will too.

Stay strong and find strength in the prayers of all of us.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and especially you Ted for starting the post. Prayers are a strong healer and again thanks to everyone for their kind words.

Friday was going to be my wife's very first bull hunt after many years of drawing nothing and I wasn't going to let a little stomach pain keep me from letting her hunt not happen. She tried disperately to get me to go to the hospital after arriving in Payson and hunching over with pain, thursday night, at the giant station but I told her it would go away. Peg and Dad were the tag holders and I had to much work in this to be letting them down now. Dad was up and out by daylight friday morning and Peg refused to go out cause I was up all night and getting worse. After a few hours of argueing with me she refused to go in the woods with me so we made a trip into the emergency room and within a few hours I was being operated on to remove my appendix. Saturday morning they advised us it wasn't the appendix but my upper bowel looked infected and inflamed. I tried to talk Peg into going back to camp to hunt with my brother but she wasn't budging. I had made up my mind I was getting out of there and taking her back to camp one way or another and convinced the doctors to release me by 5 that afternoon. After getting out of bed I finnally realized the elk camp wasn't going to happen and Peg had to drive me home and now I'm setting here this morning typing this. I will have to follow up with my doctor tomorrow morning here to find out what is causing all this.

After all year preparing for their hunt it is just killing me sitting here at home but your thoughts, prayers, and kind words have made it help and I thank each and everyone of you. :)

TJ

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and especially you Ted for starting the post. Prayers are a strong healer and again thanks to everyone for their kind words.

Friday was going to be my wife's very first bull hunt after many years of drawing nothing and I wasn't going to let a little stomach pain keep me from letting her hunt not happen. She tried disperately to get me to go to the hospital after arriving in Payson and hunching over with pain, thursday night, at the giant station but I told her it would go away. Peg and Dad were the tag holders and I had to much work in this to be letting them down now. Dad was up and out by daylight friday morning and Peg refused to go out cause I was up all night and getting worse. After a few hours of argueing with me she refused to go in the woods with me so we made a trip into the emergency room and within a few hours I was being operated on to remove my appendix. Saturday morning they advised us it wasn't the appendix but my upper bowel looked infected and inflamed. I tried to talk Peg into going back to camp to hunt with my brother but she wasn't budging. I had made up my mind I was getting out of there and taking her back to camp one way or another and convinced the doctors to release me by 5 that afternoon. After getting out of bed I finnally realized the elk camp wasn't going to happen and Peg had to drive me home and now I'm setting here this morning typing this. I will have to follow up with my doctor tomorrow morning here to find out what is causing all this.

After all year preparing for their hunt it is just killing me sitting here at home but your thoughts, prayers, and kind words have made it help and I thank each and everyone of you. :)

TJ

Thank God you are doing alright now. Sounds like Peg may have saved your life!! Thank goodness she wasn't as obsessed with this hunt as you were!

Amanda

TJ,

Very glad to here that you are o.k. Hopefully nothing serious with the insides.

Sorry you all missed out on her hunt, but you have a great wife to stand by you, and I am sure you will be able to make a hunt happen for her another time

Brent

[

TJ

Thank God you are doing alright now. Sounds like Peg may have saved your life!! Thank goodness she wasn't as obsessed with this hunt as you were!

Amanda

Your right Amanda, thank goodness someone in this family has some sense. She has always said this hunting is going to kill me if I don't change my ways. :huh:

Brent.....thanks for your concern and hopefully I can make it up to her on our spring turkey hunt. :)

TJ

TJ,

I hope everything works out for you. Saying that it's a bummer about the hunt would be a huge understatement. A couple years ago I had a friend visit for a cow hunt. Three hours before I was supposed to take him the airport in ABQ. I woke up with the worst "gas pain". Another friend of ours took him to the airport and after about 4 hours my Wife didn't have to try too hard to get me to the Emergency Room. Turns out I had a perforated Appendix. Not fun.

Hope you get to feeling better,

--Bill

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Best of luck to you on the turkey this spring and there will be another elk hunt.

Glad you are out of that POS hospital.

When I told Dani she said to contact anyone to not let

them operate on you there. (was out of my hands)

Tell Len and Larry to call if they need anything please.

If they need help with the trailer I am here for them.

TJ,

Glad to hear you are doing better.

Look at it this way, I know you missed this hunt, but Peg just may have bought you more time to go on others.

Die-hard hunters sure are stubborn.

:lol:

TJ,

Glad to hear you are doing better.

Look at it this way, I know you missed this hunt, but Peg just may have bought you more time to go on others.

Die-hard hunters sure are stubborn.

:lol:

Yes, you're right Chef, it could have turned out way worse than it did. I never thought of it that way. I've been all grumpy, and thanks for the reminder. I will thank her when she wakes and start my day out on a more positive attitude. I follow up with my doctor this morning and now have some time to check out what I've been missing on cwt.

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

TJ

Glad you are out of that POS hospital.

When I told Dani she said to contact anyone to not let

them operate on you there. (was out of my hands)

Tell Len and Larry to call if they need anything please.

If they need help with the trailer I am here for them.

+1 Glad all is going okay! Heal fast! ;) ;)