Sign in to follow this  
Lance

OTC ELK TAGS! More pics!

Would anyone like to fill an Over The Counter AZ elk tag before December is over!? We have filled many of these AZ OTC elk tags with both cows and bulls with 100% success. Now is the time to do it! If anyone would like to get an elk before the year is over please let me know! The season also goes well into next year!

Thank you!

Lance Crowther

Timberland Outfitters

(928) 607-9380

info@tlohunting.com

www.tlohunting.com

Same for me please.....

:ph34r:

I hope all you guys got the emails I sent you!

Here is an OTC elk from this morning! The elk was in the truck by 9am! :rolleyes: I love those kind! ;) My son Ty was able to be there to help!

Lance

PS. That is just fun right there! I think I am more proud of taking cows on the OTC hunts than taking big bulls on general rifle hunts! ;)

post-669-1261260634_thumb.jpg

Here is another OTC elk we got just today! Shot by Kevin on his first ever hunt! Merry Christmas Kevin!

Check out those feet! :blink:

Lance

post-669-1261610326_thumb.jpg

post-669-1261610359_thumb.jpg

post-669-1261610745_thumb.jpg

The back feet are long and very pointy compared to normal but not quite like the front ones!

I have seen a few deer like this but this is the first elk,

Lance

Those hooves are typical of animals living their whole lives in the sandy wash bottoms! I have seen a few pigs like that.

Congrats on the harvest!

• Like 1

Lance, That is probably from hanging out in the Tamarac trees with the soft soil. When I hunted that area, thats where I found most of the elk sign. I have piggies with feet like that. Congrats on the hunts. David

Yea, it's definitely caused and or aggravated by the sandy country. I grew up in that country and have seen deer and livestock with it. We have also seen Southern AZ Javelina with it like mentioned. But this is just the first elk I have seen with it. I have been looking and looking for elk tracks like this and have just not seen one yet. I was beginning to think elk were different somehow. :huh:

We have taken 17 sandy bottom elk in this area, 7 cows and 10 bulls, and this is the first one to have it.

You should see what Cinders do to hooves :blink: Its the opposite effect! Ouch! :(

Lance

Merry CHRISTmas!

Lance, let me know as well. I wouldnt mind breaking my 300 wsm in before I go to Africa, and a OTC cow or bull sounds great to me!

Too cool! I wonder if the patient I had the other day came from the sandy river bottoms???