Sign in to follow this  
azcouesfanatic

Big D's Buck

Hey Everyone,

Just when I thought the year could not get much better it did. Thursday night found me and my buddy Jay heading south to help his cousin on his December hunt. When we arrived in camp the anticipation was high and we thought we had a good chance to put the hammer on a great buck. Darren (Big D), Mike, Jay bird, Jay, and I all headed out early the next morning. At first light we immediately spotted a really good buck that was hard to pass up but we did. Nearly an hour later we picked up 7-8 deer feeding. These deer were a long ways off so I got out the big eyes to check out the potential of a couple of the bucks. There appeared to be one buck hanging away from the rest and when I focused my spotting scope I quickly found out why. He was a great buck that had 5 on one side and 3 on the other. Not to mention his giant eye guards. Well we got to watch the buck for ten minutes before he headed for a saddle and topped out. The view of this buck in the skyline was awesome.

Not sure if we could find the buck again we headed up to where we last saw him. Two hours later and several miles we were looking into the drainage the buck had dropped into. After only glassing for five minutes Darren picked up the buck. The buck was 600 yards out and he was close to going over another saddle. Darren and Jay grabbed their packs and headed out. I stayed back and kept an eye on the buck. A short time later they were getting set up for the 300 yard shot when the buck busted them. This buck did not waste anytime and he immediately headed out. Darren was able to find the buck and make a great shot anchoring the buck.

My uncle had this buck on a trail camera and sent me this picture.

This was a great experience with great friends. We all worked together and we were rewarded with a tremendous buck.

Hope you enjoy.

post-3635-1260659247_thumb.jpg

post-3635-1260659257_thumb.jpg

post-3635-1260659268_thumb.jpg

post-3635-1260659277_thumb.jpg

post-3635-1260721711_thumb.jpg

Great looking buck... Congratulations!