Azhunter84

buying new bow imput please

Just wanted to hear everybodies thoughts on the new bows this year. I'm headed over to the archery shop sometime this week to shoot a handful of different ones. I just wanted some information that everybody has collected from shooting these bows. Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks all

I have only shot PSE and Mathews. Give them all a try then you will know which one is the right one..MATHEWS.. :lol:

I have a PSE Xforce and I love it. Some guys at work have the PSE Bow Madness and they say good things about it.

I shoot the Elite Z-28 it is a sweet bow... It is a real shooter... Just go out and try it... you will like it... And for that matter the best way to figure out what bow is right for you is to go out and shoot a bunch of bows and see what fits you best... everybody is different...

Jason

PSE all the way!!! Great shooting bows!! Best customer service and made right here in AZ!!

I Shoot the 32" Bow madness and love it! Shoot the others but Make sure you shoot the Bow madness for the money it can't be beat! ;)

Do shoot all the different bows you can to see what trips your switch. If you are into smoother draws like I am, you might consider the Elite Z-28 like Jamaro suggested, or the Mathews Z7, or Hoyt Maxxis.

I have shot alot of different makes of bows. One thing to consider is how you hunt most of the time. If you are on the move most of the time, i would look for a lighter weight bow. If you sit a stand or blind, the weight really dont matter. Shoot all the makes and models and then decide for yourself.

I only shoot Hoyt imo they are the best overall but the best thing to do is try alot of different one's and see what's best for you it's all personal preference and what fits and feels the best to you.

Good luck!

If this is your first bow I highly recommend looking for a longer axle to axle bow with a conservative brace height of 7" or more. Something with a smooth draw which will help you're muscles get use to archery. This can also be called having a smooth valley. Next is a bow with a very hard wall. That means when you hit your draw stops that you're done pulling the knock point any further from the riser. This helps you build consistency with both your form and your anchor point. Last if this is your first bow I'd find one that has a wide range of draw weight. This allows you to shoot as lighter poundage at first and then work up as your back builds up it's archery muscles. Any of the top manufactures build high quality bows that meet these requirements. Don't get caught up in they hype and sales pitches on new bows. Shoot as many as you can and get one that feels great for you. Put some money into a big bag target so that you can shoot in your garage or back yard. Put a 4/8 piece of ply wood behind it till you get everything dialed. You only need to shoot at 10yds but shoot every day you can to build up your back. The best thing you can do is practice, practice, practice!!! If you can get into going to a range with some guys take full advantage of it when you can.

Good luck.

cmc