lionhunter

Strangest thing that has ever came into your call???

I was out calling this afternoon with my two of my three boys (7 & 9). 12 min into our call series in comes 4 wild burros. The fox pro was playing "lightning Jack". They came into about 10 feet of the call. I told my kids watch this. I switched it over to an Angry Mt. lion call, I don't know how they knew that he was angry, but anyway I thought the burros would go screaming out of there.... Nope, started stomping their feet so I decided to stand up and bugger them off before they stomped my call box.

It gave me the idea of this post..

?? What is the craziest thing that has ever come into your call????

I might add some more as others chime in, but wanted to hear from the rest of you.....

Whitey

Nothing too crazy. Javelina, wild dogs, deer, wild horses, rabbits and humans.

This might have some good responses, nice topic. I have never had anything crazy, just some people that came by looking for a crying baby.

In az ive called in javis that wouldnt run off and deer, nothin super crazy. When i was in highschool i went to ID for spring break for some callin and fishin. We called in deer all day long. In all honesty groups were 20-50 and we would call that many in every stand. When we were driving we saw thousands of deer. It was pretty stange. It was outside of Mountain Home.

called in a mountain lion last year in the first 15 seconds of stand...charged full speed straight at my dad...dad spun with his rifle and dropped it within 5 feet of him. It was over in less than 30 seconds.

here she is...what an ordeal....no tag, G&F officer, investigation, blah, blah, blah. ruined a great day of calling.

mountainlion.jpg

called in a mountain lion last year in the first 15 seconds of stand...charged full speed straight at my dad...dad spun with his rifle and dropped it within 5 feet of him. It was over in less than 30 seconds.

here she is...what an ordeal....no tag, G&F officer, investigation, blah, blah, blah. ruined a great day of calling.

mountainlion.jpg

Wow, quite a story! I take it AGFD let your Dad off on that one?

Amanda

Game and Fish let my dad off, with no ticket, but they had to confiscate the lion. They determined that it was self defense...not too hard to determine since it died only 5 feet from where my dad was sitting. They also said that the department has changed its stance on game violations such as this. They used to prosecute anyone who made a mistake, but they were getting a lot of bad publicity and turning a lot of honest sportsmen into criminals. Now they judge each case and determine if it was truly an accident or self defense then they will usually let it go. Figure that is good of them to not be so hard line.

turns out the cat was about 100 yards away when they started calling. she was sitting on a deer carcass.

deaddeer.jpg

• Like 1