Sign in to follow this  
matthewp45

San Carlos Tags!

So here is the BS I am hearing about with this years tags. Rumor, received from those poor souls who have been wating in line, is that the Res went a few weeks ago, at the hunting Expo in Reno and sold about 80 tags at their booth!

We ended up getting our B tags but my buddy was 4th in line and tried to get 5 unit A tags. They only had 2 tags left for A and they were forced to get D-West tags. So unit A got tags sold at the Reno show for sure. Man they sure aren't very profesional about there tag sales.

i had to go to the gila valley to a funeral early this morning. there were guys lined up to bylas waitin' to git in for a tag. place looked like a used car lot. Lark.

Halleluja! I got my tag for next year! I was starting to sweat bullets. This is a great hunt and we look forward to it every year.

As Matthew said we were 4th in line and wanted to get 5 tags for our group. Our plan was to go back to A cause we had a great hunt last year but when we got up there they only had 2 A tags left. We decided to split up and get 2 A tags and 3 D-West tags.

No worries......as long as we got tags I feel fortunate.

You talk about a backwards cluster, that game department was changing prices and tag numbers up until the last minute. Feels alot like Mexico.

You talk about a backwards cluster, that game department was changing prices and tag numbers up until the last minute. Feels alot like Mexico.

Sounds way worse.. What a cluster. Makes Mexico seem like a well oiled machine. I'll pass.

It was a joke up there. The line moved at a snails pace, the locals had the first 10 spots in line and seemed to just hang around and hold up the line. Every once in a while another local would show up with a folder of information and just get in line up front. Slowly, several guys from the back would go up front and strike a deal ($150) and the local would write down the info and get a tag for them. We just waited it out until all the crap went down and then B, C early still had plenty of tags and D late. Felt sorry for the guys who paid $150 bucks to get november tags in B, when there were enough left. Only 1 A early tag was left though. We wanted A tags, but ended up taking the D east late tags. Never hunted D east on the san carlos, so it will be interesting.

Nothing new. I have been trying to get a Jan. tag for several years the last three years we stood in line for 6 to 8 hours only to get an early tag. Good hunt but nothing special. I see a lot bigger deer where I hunt on public land. The same thing has been happening for years. All of the locals get the tags by cutting in line.

I quit trying this year. I'll better spend my time and money somewhere else.

Oh yeah buddy we are going to get an opening morning 110+" double this year. Can't wait man.

I was wondering if the craziness had come from having the better than average bucks killed last year. My buddy went down to get a tag and struck out (and was open to a couple different units). A few years ago he had no problem getting a tag.