Bowsniper Jr.

My First Turkey!!!

Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel (Bowsniper Jr.), son of Bowsniper, brother of Kidbowhunter. I just turned 10 years old. I have been hunting small game, until Friday when I went on my first big game hunt . I had a youth tag for Turkey. We drove Thursday night to 6a and camped. My dad lets me miss school sometimes because my grades are good. We got up at 4am and hiked into the forest. We saw 10 hens, but not even a jake with them. All of a sudden, a gobbler snuck up behind us and let out a screaming gobble!! It scared us out of our skins!! Then he walked around to the front of us, and I BLASTED him with my 20 gauge! :P I named him Bob. My dad measured Bob's beard at 9 inches and his spurs at 1/4" each. :lol: :lol: I am so grateful that God blessed me with this great turkey!

Thanks for reading my story,

Bowsniper Jr.

post-4313-1271566666_thumb.jpg

post-4313-1271566679_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your first big game animal. Thanks for sharing your story. You have some big shoes to fill hunting behind your brother but it looks like you're on the right track. Your Dad has got to be very proud of you and keep us posted on your next trophy. :)

TJ

Much congrats Bud!

Glad you are posting on the forum too.

I hope to see more great things from you and your brother soon.

WHooo Hooo! Awesome job, Daniel! That is one SMOKIN' gobbler you bagged! Way to get it done bud! Congratulations on a great turkey! Thanks a bunch for sharing your story with us! Now time for some good eatin'!

Nice job ! I shot last year and missed = you're +1 on me!

Turkey hunting at 10 -that's pretty cool!

AzP&Y

Wow, that is just great!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your adventure with us!! Now you know how exciting it is when a big gobbler sounds off right near you! Sure gets your heart beating doesn't it?

Good job kiddo. I see you went with my suggestion for user name. B) That was one heavy bird kid. Remember it took me 10 years more than you to harvest my first tom.

Congratulations Daniel!!! it took me many years to get my first turkey. keep at it.