Sign in to follow this  
Buckhunter

Boar shot on Friday

I shot this boar on Friday about 645 am. one shot pretty far out dropped him 15 seconds later herd the death bawl echo across the canyon. Bushwacked my way to him about hour later. 300 RSAUM 150gr Nosler Accubond, Nice heavy bear no rub marks on him. 2nd Bear for me. Going to make a nice mount. Zeiss 4.5-14-44 Kenton Ind Turret. Remington model TT 300RSAUM.

720 yards. One shot.

post-2044-1281247497_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1281247510_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1281247520_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1281247528_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1281247535_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on a nice bear. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Nice shot! Did you use your backpack or a boulder for a rest? Were you laying down or kneeling? I ask only since my longest shot has been 260 yards. I have tried nothing further than that!

Beautiful bear! Are you going to have a rug made or a full body mount? I hope you had a buddy to help you pach him out. How far was your downed boar from your vehicle? Thanks.

Great Job Bubba!!! I was tempted to say something on here, but glad I waited! Nice Bear!!

Well I spotted this bear pretty early, just saw his shoulders and head under a pine tree with manzanita all around him. We played cat and mouse for about 10-15 mins, he kept standing up against the tree scratching bark off. He would drop below the brush and finally stood broadside clear of the brush. I laid down on the ground with my rifle over a my glassing chair and took quite a few long deep breaths to steady my heart rate. I could feel it in my through I was a little excited. With a spotter I pulled the trigger and lost him in the recoil. I could hear the bullet hit him with a thud. I jumped up to see if I could located him in my 15's as I looked we both hear the death bawl and knew right away we had a dead bear.

Now for the fun part. It took me over an hour of bushwacking manzanita and scrub oak shoulder high to get to his location. After getting to where he was standing at the time of the shot. I started looking for blood. After 10 mins of looking I found 2 drops and followed the splash pattern and determined which way he went I. found him about 30 yards down the draw in a scrub Oak. Wow, was the first thing I said to myself when I grabbed the back leg and pulled him out. He had no ground shrinkage.

I have to thank a few people that lent me a hand getting him caped in time to salvage the meat. Josh, Chino, Gabe, Niki, and Randy aslo for helping me navigate a trail back to the road. Thanks.

post-2044-1281301628_thumb.jpg

Thats a good lookin bear. And you had a crew to enjoy it with, and help pack him out. Nice