I was hunting by myself all season. I hunted last friday and saturday but was not finding good bucks so I decided to hitch a ride with my dad on sunday. He had his bear and deer tag and I had my deer tag. We have seen nice bucks in there so I was hoping to get on one. 25 minutes went b ywhen my dad said he found a nice buck, a 3x4 is what we thought. We watched him walk around and feed, occasionaly switching and glassing for bear. then he got into some thick stuff and was very indecisive of what direction he wanted to go, he would turn right,then left,then right, and so on and so on. Then we couldnt see him anymore, it was thick and there was a cut behind him so I figured he had to bed somewhere in there so I headed off while my dad watched and glassed for bear also. I got on the radio with him and i was uo to where we last saw the buck in 50minutes I stepped then glassed, stepped then glassed but it was so thick there I couldnt see much. I was about 20yrds of the cut when he stood up in the tree 10yrds in front of me, even then I couldnt see his body. He busted out there and stopped on the other side of the cut 70yrds away and I couldnt get the shot through the brush so i hung tight and he walked to the other side of the hill. I got of the mountain and we went out to the other side of the hill and glassed that side. All we saw was the bachelor group of bucks weve been seeing and i passed. Then we took a break and went to pick up my cam and came back in another spot to glass. Withen 10 minutes my dad glassed up the buck and he wondered around going left, no right..... When finally he bedded. I didnt like the place he was in and I wanted my dad to get a shot since he was the one glassing him up. i got alittle video while my dad got ready then watched the buck as he stalked him. My dad, Rick Forrest, got up to our land mark in withen 50minutes, he was withen 60yrds when the buck stood up but my dad couldnt see him in the tall weeds/grass and the buck wondered again going in circles then started to go down in the cut when he finally caught scent of my dad. he blew out of there stopped once then ran further and stopped then I saw him jump up on all four and saw blood and then saw him drop on the ground. I was hooping and holering, my dad was stoked it couldnt off been any better when he radioed me and said it was a typical 4x4. I grabbed a pack and made my way up the mountain and the buck was spo big body wise that he wouldnt fit on the pack frame. That was a terrific day. :P http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab72/Co.../deer2010-4.jpg

Flippin' Sweet!!! Great buck and story!! Congrats!!

Brian

Great buck. I really like the matching inline extras. Congrats on a stud of a buck.

+1 Good story too.