Sign in to follow this  
gotcoues

Checked camera today

post-754-1287629500_thumb.jpg

I can't imagine all these cams getting stolen. Can people just not control themselves knowing their chances of getting caught are slim to none? Do these people steal everything they can or...? I know anti's didn't steal my camera because my blind and chairs were undisturbed. I've been busy with remodeling our house and my boys' youth hunt so I hadn't returned to retrieve my gear. I packed it out today and it was a LONG AND PAINFUL walk out of the woods. Cams aren't really THAT expensive, so why are people stealing them like they're bars of gold or something? Looks like it took em some time to get mine out of the bear box. I'm bummed I lost 6 weeks of prime time pics. I hope it wasn't a hunter that got my sd card with my top secret buck pictures and if it was I hope he stole the cam the beginning of Sep right after I formatted the card LOL.

Hey Chief, I only wish I had 70 pics of these A holes trying to steal my camera. Good job on posting their pics IMO.

all i can say is wow. my cam got stolen just like this they pryed it off the tree. i hope i dont catch someone trying to steal one of mine especially out in the woods if im heated from walking cuz things get stupid really fast.

man , I have those same bear boxes for all my cameras , Those thief's must of had crow bars and hammers because those boxes are tough .I have no problem with people using this site to show pictures of these jerks . hopefully we can start catching some of these thieves.Its to bad becouse there are a lot of quality hunters out there who see dozens of cameras a year who would never think of bothering other peoples stuff.

That's BS. Those thieves had to be prepared with tools to be able to do that. I hope mine is there tomorrow when I checsk it. I am always thinking on the way in to check cams if its going to be there or not.

Wow - I can't believe they defeated the box like that! When I put my covert in a spot it *might* be found, I do the exact same thing - lag bolt it to a tree, lock the bottom and hope for the best. I always figured they'd have to haul out a chunk of the tree to get the camera. Looks like I'll be firing up the welder and finding new ways to protect the upper seams. I really feel for you - sorry you lost your camera. We need to start putting a bounty on these camera theives or something. They are scum of the earth.

Hey Chief, I only wish I had 70 pics of these A holes trying to steal my camera. Good job on posting their pics IMO.

I agree with ya! If its not yours, don't touch it!! Hands Off!

I have posted this before but, we had 5 cameras 2 blinds and a treestand stolen out of 4B this past elk hunt....i cant wait to catch one of them in the act. it will suck for them!!!!!

I have posted this before but, we had 5 cameras 2 blinds and a treestand stolen out of 4B this past elk hunt....i cant wait to catch one of them in the act. it will suck for them!!!!!

We had a treestand stolen also this year in 4b on our elk hunt.

Coach,

I was thinking the same thing about reinforcing the angles with welding. Perhaps invest in some boots with spikes and a climbing belt. I've seen a guy trimming palm trees with some similiar equipment. Maybe a camera high up would be a lot safer. Just sucks packing in all the extra gear to switch cards :blink: :angry:

I'm definitely more bummed about the possibility of 6 weeks of pics going to some snake than I am about the cam. The bucks usually disappear after they shed their velvet so I lost valuable info and if really pisses me off. I used the lock box to keep honest people honest. I knew someone could steal it if they really wanted too.

Just flat out sucks you put a lot effort into something and someone rapes the scene like this. I'll have to move shop even a little farther off into the sticks.

This one is a no brainer, terrible!

Check the area for who might be carrying yellow pry type tools, possibly in their job, yellow is not to common.

Kent

wtf really they went out there with a pain in mind i willing to bet you will find that cam on ebay or G/list next week or so thats just not right

- lag bolt it to a tree,

I'm pretty sure that this is also ILLEGAL

you can not permanently attach anything to a tree

sure ya want to try to keep your camera safe but its still notthe right thing to do!

Gary, with all the bark rotted off on most of it, it looks dead to me... I know, I know but I'm a 'detail' guy as you know. Gets me in trouble. LOL

Kent

- lag bolt it to a tree,

I'm pretty sure that this is also ILLEGAL

you can not permanently attach anything to a tree

sure ya want to try to keep your camera safe but its still notthe right thing to do!

A lag bolt can be removed. Wouldn't this make it non permanent? Just a thought.