Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye

Update on the Lost 7E Bull

Hi Guys Steve put this on MonsterMuleys and also called me today to fill me in on the story. Some of you probably read my post about finding this carcuss for him I hope he gets antlers back. I will also be attending the ISE show hoping to take some pics with him and the bull. He just taking the long way bringing em home. Congrats Steve cant wait to see the video footage. EagleEye AKA Charlie Rust

here is link to MM

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID33/1207.html

I appreciate all the support and friendship!

I went down to Game & Fish today with the intention of tagging my bull and bringing him home. I was ready to show video, GPS coordinates, arrow, etc.

Unfortunately, I was not able to show any of my proof or bring the rack home with me. I met with a couple of officers and was informed that under the law they can't allow me to tag the bull since I did not recover him during the season. They were very professional in their handling of the situation. They knew that my story and facts all checked out. But, the law is the law. Even though I am disappointed, I understand.

Here's the silver lining. My bull will be sold at auction this coming winter/spring. Most likely at the Phoenix I.S.E. Show. I plan to attend and buy my bull back. Ha ha!

I would greatly appreciate it if fellow sportsmen would get the word out so that I don't have to compete with anyone to purchase this rack that I feel is rightfully mine. I hunted extremely hard and made a huge effort to recover this bull.

I still feel that I made the right choice by involving the Game & Fish in the recovery of my bull. I'm sure that I could have just tagged and brought the bull home, but I have a clear conscience knowing that my friends and I obeyed the law. Ultimately, the Lord will honor that.

Thanks again guys for your encouragement. Hope you enjoy the photo of my bull taken today at G & F. Notice my arrow that was recovered with the bull. I will bring him home this coming spring!

Thanks again to Charlie, Anthony & Jeff...post-1257-1287977990.jpg

Thats a bunch of crap....Game and Fish needs to keep consistent on what they say and do. I have lost a bull in the past and spent a couple of weekends after the hunting looking for it; however, first I called AZGFD and asked If i found it could I collect it and the answer was yes from two diffrent people.

I also remember another story about someone else finding their bull after the season and AZGFD allowing him to tag and take it home.

If it were me, I would go way above the two officers.

wonder if they let him take his arrow home... or if that's included in the auction.

Good old AZ Game and Fish. I want and need to support them so bad, but sometimes they make it so difficult.

They never cease to amaze me, epsecially in a situation with a well known AZ hunter and AZ supporter in the community! I guess good and honest guys finish last in these kind of situations......

Honesty pays with with them.......... right? :(

If it was a small bull they would have let him have it but because it is big and might bring decent money at auction "the law" applies. What a crock.

If it was a small bull they would have let him have it but because it is big and might bring decent money at auction "the law" applies. What a crock.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Steve did the right thing by involving Game and Fish and now he has to buy his bull back at an auction!! BS!!!

Exactly what I was thinking!

No doubt! What a load of garbage :angry: ! Typical government these days. One more reason why we need to vote people out of office who believe in big government!

Wow....I've said it before......and now again....piss on the G&F. If you have the arrows...and the story, it's a no-brainer.

I hope you get your elk back!

Kinda scarry! If I shoot my bull on the last evening of my hunt and he runs off not to be found until the next day is it illegal for me to collect him? WOW!

EagleEye you are a good Dude! Thanks for being a true sportsman!

Good luck to Steve!

well Steve - i hope you have the time to sit for all 3 days of the event or at least have someone present at all times-

last yr - they brought out different racks at various times thru out the three days .

I hope you get your rack back and not have to have a bidding war with someone who also may want your elk-

sorry G&F is being an ace about this situation -

the law is the law especially when the cash benifits them !

G$F applies here agin

dollar to a dime the have a minimum starting bid -Steve's not going get it for a nickle - sorry

Gary

Exactly what does the law say on retrieving an animal from a legal kill by the original hunter... does it specify an exact time limit?

Unless this is spelled out specifically, I would imagine it could be taken to court as AZG&F has set precedence of allowing hunters to find/keep their kills, even months later.

Kent

What about the sotry of the Young man on the HOAL. He shot a real nice bull that wasn"t recovered till months later.

This happenend last year.

Hey fellas, where is our game and fish "buddy" who pipes up on here every once in awhile? Surely he can give his version of the law or at least his interpretation as that is what all of them base it off of and not written law. Be interested to see what he has to say... <_<