Hunt7112

Thief or idiot

My wife is at work the other day, and a lady she works with that knows we hunt tells her that they were down south on her sons first deer hunt. She begins telling my wife that they found this camera, so they took it. My wife tells her that the camera belongs to some hunter and you need to put it back. She did not understand that hunters would leave their cameras out in the desert. My wife explained why we leave cameras out, but these people had no idea. My wife said she was convinced that they were going to put it back. Someone may be missing a camera. It just made me think that maybe a name tag small explanation on camera might keep idiots from taking cameras. I will have my wife follow up with this lady find out what unit and if they actually put it back.

Some people have NO clue as to what goes on outside the city!

all theifs are idiots. If you worked in an office and saw a stapler, you wouldnt take it because you know it's stealing even when you don't know who it belongs to right? ya gotta be an idiot to steal and in order to steal ya gotta be an idiot, it is as simple as the law of gravity.

I was at a rancher's house a while back and he showed me a camera that he found on one of his tanks (on private property) he was genuinely surprised when I told him that people put them out for months at a time. He felt bad for taking it and said he knew who the guy was but that he should have asked FIRST. Turned out to be an outfitter's camera and too bad he lost all those photos.

I think it happens a lot. Lock em on!

all theifs are idiots. If you worked in an office and saw a stapler, you wouldnt take it because you know it's stealing even when you don't know who it belongs to right? ya gotta be an idiot to steal and in order to steal ya gotta be an idiot, it is as simple as the law of gravity.

+1

100% idiot

The real idiot is the guy who leaves his camera out without a lock and without disguising it or hiding it...

Some people have NO clue as to what goes on outside the city!

There is a city? Holy crap!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Can people really be that stupid? I think they were playing dumb....what's next a treestand or blind, a horse in a corral, a pack left on a trail while I fetch water, a whole camp or quad left on a trail? C'MON!!!

The real idiot is the guy who leaves his camera out without a lock and without disguising it or hiding it...

Finally someone has the cajones to say it. Why in the world would anyone leave a camera out without locking it??!! Sure the locks aren't theft proof, but it's better than just setting it up and hoping for the best!!

And for the record, thieves are idiots!!

Locks are for keeping honest people honest, a thief will get your stuff no matter how secure.

A hard-core thief will get it but we are mostly dealing with the opportunistic thieves.