azryan

Trevor's late 24A Coues Buck

The first weekend Cody(huntermncb), Justin(jwhunter), Trevor, Brett and I were out hunting. It was not a very eventful weekend of glassing. Just turned up does, and a few small bucks. The 2nd weekend was better as Cody, Trevor and I went out. We glassed up alot of deer, and some coatimundi's for the second weekend in a row. We finally glassed up a buck with about 10 mins of light left. He looked like a good solid buck from a mile away. We were all looking at him when all of a sudden a mt lion crossed the road in a full stalk position and went after the buck and 3 other deer we did not see. It was definitely one of the coolest things we have seen while out glassing. We called Trevor's friend who had dogs that night. He met us in Globe at 5:30 the next morning and we took him into where the lion crossed the road. It took awhile for the dogs too catch the trail but they got on it and off they went. The dogs trailed the lion for a couple hours and could never catch up so Joe called the dogs off as it was getting hot and we were getting close to the rez line.

We decided too go out just for today and then hunt the last 3 days. The same group from the 1st weekend came out today excluding Justin since he just had knee surgery. We got to our spot well before the sun came up. Cody and I split up with Brett and Trevor just too get more coverage of the area. Within 10 minutes we glassed up this buck thrashing a juniper tree and scraping. We could tell he was a shooter so Cody went too get Trevor while I stayed and watched the buck. He moved out of sight so we made our move too try to relocate him. After an hour or so we relocated him. We got setup and Trevor made a solid 588 yard shot with Cody's 338 edge.

103_0076.jpg

103_0082.jpg

103_0124.jpg

103_0113.jpg

103_0112.jpg

Wow. Just wow. What an AWESOME buck. I think thats the coolest and nicest bucks posted yet this year.

Conrats!

Gotta love the Edge!

M

Ryan, how you doing man? Been awhile since we've talked. Glad to see you all had some success. Great buck and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Man that is an AWESOME buck! I am a huge sucker for mass and that deer has gobs of it! Congrats to you all!

+1

and make sure you send this link to Doug (aka RedRabbit) so you can be entered in the Coues buck contest.