azhunter23

I Want A Refund!!!

I picked up a couple OTC Javelina tags for 37B, and I think I deserve my money back because I dont think there are any pigs there!! (and I am clearly not experienced in finding these little guys) <_< . In the last four days I have put on 862 miles on my truck over 12 on the boots and hours glassing and have only seen 0 PIGS :angry: . This is me and my sons first time javelina hunting and hate to say it but we already feel defeated. Every one say I should have 3-4 herds located by opening day but I'm thinking i would like to find just 1.

I picked up a couple OTC Javelina tags for 37B, and I think I deserve my money back because I dont think there are any pigs there!! (and I am clearly not experienced in finding these little guys) <_< . In the last four days I have put on 862 miles on my truck over 12 on the boots and hours glassing and have only seen 0 PIGS :angry: . This is me and my sons first time javelina hunting and hate to say it but we already feel defeated. Every one say I should have 3-4 herds located by opening day but I'm thinking i would like to find just 1.

Don't know where you are hunting, but because of where you live I suspect it is the northwestern end of the unit. When I still hunted javelinas 37B was my one of my favorite units. Try hunting just inside any of the major canyons above the Sam Pedro River. Climb to where you have good views, sit down and do more glassing than walking. On the western side of the unit, try the Tom Mix Wash area, just off the Florence-Oracle Junction highway. It's harder to find them there because they're usually in thick stuff and there are few good glassing sites, but they are there. There are lots of herds all over that unit. Good luck.

Bill Quimby

It took me a few year of not finding javelina too before learning areas to expect them in and areas to pass. I'm no help I'm your unit sorry.

They're in there just keep looking. Its supposed to rain Wednesday and Thursday so you should be able to pick up fresh sign pretty easily. If nothing else this should be a good opportunity to teach your son how to scout and find animals in a new unit. He'll definitely benefit from the experience.

They're in there just keep looking. Its supposed to rain Wednesday and Thursday so you should be able to pick up fresh sign pretty easily. If nothing else this should be a good opportunity to teach your son how to scout and find animals in a new unit. He'll definitely benefit from the experience.

+ 1

Call AZGFD and get the contact info for Ben Brochu. He is the unit manager and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Give him a call, tell him ur situation and all the effort you've put forth so far and I'm sure he'll help you out and point you in the right direction.

-Tracy

check out javelinahunter.com for some great javelina hunting info

and +1 on calling Ben Brochu, here is his number:

Ben Brochu

Wildlife Manager 37B

Arizona Game and Fish Department

Office: (520) 229-3222

If you really want to find out where the javalina are, buy a deer tag for that unit. You will not see a single deer but you will find out where multitudes of piggies are. Then when you buy your javalina tag for the following year you will see nothing but deer. Then you have yourself a good unit for both, depending on how delusional you are. You can always head afield hopeful, knowing that you have seen javi's and deer there in the past. Hope this helps, it works for me.

For sure glass more and walk less but easier said then done with a young hunter! We always glass the base of mountains at first light as our thought process is the little stinkers are coming up out of the washes to get some sunshine. Best of luck and keep after it pardner!

As the other hunters said,sit down and glass,glass,glass!!!!!You will find them.

we seen 2 herds in the 2 days we went in there. each had 8 or more. there are tons in there keep looking one might pop up.

Thanks for all the support. I was just venting but the support and tips sure do help, Thanks to all and good luck.