Sign in to follow this  
Coach

New Year's Resolutions

One of mine is to meet some new hunting friends this year. I really don't have any family that hunts, and most of the guys that I used to hunt with and I aren't that close anymore. As a result, I've found I'm spending a lot less time out in the woods and desert than I used to. I work solo from a home office and none of the people I work with hunt. I still try to get jacked up for my kids' hunts but the passion isn't quite where it used to be.

Hopefully 2011 will be the year that my passion for hunting, fishing and just being outdoors will return. For whatever reason, it's just a lot more fun when you have someone with similar interests, passions and backgrounds to share it with.

Here's wishing all the CWT family a Happy New Year, with hopes that this year will bring blessings to you all.

My resolution is to hold out for a Pope & Young Coues this coming archery season. We'll see what happens when a smaller buck presents himself and my Coues fever kicks in !! :rolleyes:

I might want to drop afew pounds too !!

I also want to spend more time outdoors than watching it on tv. There are so many cool places that everyone on this site have given us a taste of, and I vow to go explore them more. I have lived in AZ for 5 years, and still haven't gotten to the Grand Canyon! Lame!!!

I hope everyone and their family has a great new year. Dave

One of mine is to meet some new hunting friends this year. I really don't have any family that hunts, and most of the guys that I used to hunt with and I aren't that close anymore. As a result, I've found I'm spending a lot less time out in the woods and desert than I used to. I work solo from a home office and none of the people I work with hunt. I still try to get jacked up for my kids' hunts but the passion isn't quite where it used to be.

Hopefully 2011 will be the year that my passion for hunting, fishing and just being outdoors will return. For whatever reason, it's just a lot more fun when you have someone with similar interests, passions and backgrounds to share it with.

Here's wishing all the CWT family a Happy New Year, with hopes that this year will bring blessings to you all.

I am with you on this one Coach! My dad and brother hunt, but that's about it for my family. I have a few buddies that hunt, but for one reason or another, we just never get the chance to hunt together. 99% of my hunting is with my dad, brother or alone. I need to make it a point this year to get out with my buddies.

You are welcome in my hunting camp any time man!! Heck, I am even up for a day trip if you want.

Happy New Year to everyone!!

well my resolution is to be a little more supportive of the kitties. I think the best thing I can do is buy a couple copies of P90X, head down to campus and look for a couple of those 400 lb cheerleaders Lark is always talking about. If I can't find em there, I might try over at Casey's house on a Fri or Sat night. Maybe he'll be having a keg party and those girls will be there doing some beer bongs and wolfing down a couple of pizzas each. Maybe Casey will have got some free wings from Willie T. Well anyway, hopefully I will be able to track down some of these girls and get them set up on P90X. Cheers everyone and Happy New Year.

Hunt more, work less, and spend more time with wife and kids.

Coach I still want to go exploring in that area we talked about with you, so send me a pm anytime you want to head out.

well my resolution is to be a little more supportive of the kitties. I think the best thing I can do is buy a couple copies of P90X, head down to campus and look for a couple of those 400 lb cheerleaders Lark is always talking about. If I can't find em there, I might try over at Casey's house on a Fri or Sat night. Maybe he'll be having a keg party and those girls will be there doing some beer bongs and wolfing down a couple of pizzas each. Maybe Casey will have got some free wings from Willie T. Well anyway, hopefully I will be able to track down some of these girls and get them set up on P90X. Cheers everyone and Happy New Year.

Man, you sure are relentless, aren't you???

Coach, great topic. I have always hunted with my dad and sometimes my brother goes too, but he's not into it as much as we are. Me personally, I don't enjoy hunting alone very much. I love to help others out and some of the best hunts I have been on have been when I didn't have a tag but was able to help others fill theirs.

This year I am going to lose 30 pounds. I plan on doing at least 1 sprint triathlon and 1 road bike race. I don't have any bike racing experience and only want to do it for fun. A good friend of mine is going to help me get ready to ride. He took fifth in the 80 mile race of the Tour de Tucson this year. I had surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago for a hernia but feel great and am hoping to get the green light from the surgeon Monday to start up the weight loss activities. The last 6 weeks of 2010 were tough and I am very excited for 2011.

My new year resolution was to treat my loved ones better, be more of a family guy, do more around the house, try and always be positive, eat better, make smarter and more informed choices, and be more active. Pretty much I want to be the best person I can be.

My resolution is to end Sundevil's obvious obsession with me as this is atleast the second time he has brought my name up for no reason.

Also, by the time I go to British Columbia in October, I want to be 250 lbs.... A hard goal to obtain but, that means I will have to end my pizza and keg partys with cheerleaders. (believe me, if that part was true they would NOT be ending)

Chris, I never had any of the cheerleaders at NAU, but I did date the leat baton twirler... A former Jr. olympic gold medalist... She was flexible, and about 30% of 400 lbs.

Good responses by most. BML, I'm with ya buddy. Let's make some plans. And Bonecollector, I'd love to hook up and check those areas out - great unit with lots of potential, and some areas I think are almost never touched.

I've got a good e-caller, and am willing to put lots more miles on the boots and my truck. Some trail cams too and some areas I've been dying to learn better- just need someone to say, "hey let's go check this out..." Thank you guys and I sincerely hope we get to know eachother this year.

Best of wishes to all of the CWT family this year.

I'd love to spend more time out doors and keep my kids excitment for the outdoors going strong.

I want to try predator hunting. that way id have a reason to get out side in the off seasons. im always so jealous of you all stealing quick coyote hunts!

Shoot more. I have to extend my max shot distance, for me the only way do do that is to practice.

Very low on my list......lose a few for my 20 year (ouch!) HS reunion.

Seriously. Be the best man, husband and father possible. Just be greatful for all of my blessings. God has had me 'under his wing' for much longer than i deserve.

:ph34r: