Sign in to follow this  
azpackhorse

snow in the Silverbells

Woke up this morning and looked out the back and seen the Silverbell Mountains cloaked in white so I grabbed my camera, a cup of coffee and headed out for a beautiful, quiet treat of a morning. Enjoy

Thanks for sharing the snow. Great looking country where you live. :)

TJ

That is a nice surprise to look at. Do those mountains catch snow that low maybe once every two years or so?

Doug,

this is the third time I've seen this much snow in 26 years, last time was 1999 when it snowed on Easter then around 1990 or so on a Christmas morning.

I rememeber that Easter in 1999. Woke up at my best friends house in the morning (was 14 at the time)... We wore socks as gloves for the snowball fight... That didnt work very well!

I rememeber that Easter in 1999. Woke up at my best friends house in the morning (was 14 at the time)... We wore socks as gloves for the snowball fight... That didnt work very well!

I remember that easter. My wife and I were attending a little old church in Marana, and the service was in Spanish. During the service (which I didn't understand anything but the bad words (LOL) I looked out the window and saw the big flakes coming down. My truck had inches of snow on it.

Yesterday there was snow all over the Tucson Mts. It looked nice from a distance. I retired from that stuff 40 years ago.

Great pictures. I got an e-mail from someone out that way that said "Ski Silverbell" with pictures.

Seeing Ragged Top covered with snow brings back some fond memories. I shot my first big game animal (a little javelina) on the north side of the mountain, and have seen the herd of bighorns on the south side of it a couple of times. I used to camp back there a few times each year, and it is truly a beautiful area. One of these days I will climb to the top. Thanks for the great photos.