Sign in to follow this  
cvw789

My 2011 Sothern Az Bear

Hey I wanted to share some pictures of the bear I killed a few weeks ago. I was able to draw the 35 A&B bear tag again this year and got lucky and had a few bears coming to water but they were not very consistent, so the waiting game began. I got set up early on Friday and waited. At about 6pm I looked up the cut and here he came down the trail grazing and headed for the water. I got ready and waited for the shot but at the last 5 yards he decided to hold up just behind a tree he then turned to head back from where he came from. So I figured it was now or never and I drew back my PSE Omen outfitted with a Black Mamba arrow and tipped with the 125gr Swhacker. He ran about 30 yards and stopped and did a back flip and rolled down to the bottom of the cut and was done. There was no need for blood trailing because I watched where he fell but I wanted to check it out anyway and I’ll tell you what I have never seen a bear bleed that much before. He was around the 300 lb mark and has a 19" Skull. So I would like to thank my buddy Brian, my brother and nephews for all the help getting him out that night. Hope you all enjoy.

Cole

post-1877-0-76008300-1307116393_thumb.jpgpost-1877-0-39034600-1307116462_thumb.jpg

Hes a BRUTE Cole! Congrats again on another big bear. That ol swhacker did the job! Petty soon Caden will be tagging along with Dad shooting big bears.

Chalk another bear up to the southern unit hunters!

Cngratulations on an awesome bear. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Way to go! Thats a real accomplishment, and a great looking bear. I really like the long dark muzzle. Post some photos of the skull when you have finished it. B)