Sign in to follow this  
thunderbolt

struck again

struck by lightning again. bastards stole my brand new camera that was only up for a day and the original camera i had up. this makes 3 cameras stolen in 2 years.

Sucks man, just put a cam up and I gave it a 50/50 to last the three weeks we're leaving it out. Call Lance, he might have used the "buy it now" button on ebay. I just can't wait til we hear some caught in the act stories.

UNIT 31. i didnt bother to camo the new camera since i had only planned on having it in there for a week and i was excited about getting it out there to see what the other camera was missing. well...... the bastards got both of them.

A buddy of mine had a trail camera on a certain water hole vandalized over the August 1-2 period. Some scalawag cut his camera lock and stole his SD card...lost about 3 weeks worth of important data. However, the criminal must not have noticed my camera, which was on the other side of the water hole AND facing my buddies camera. So, there is a great chance that I will be posting a thief in action in the next few days on this sight. The sad thing is...who else would take the SD card... but another hunter? Anti-hunters usually take entire cameras or destroy them where they are set up in the field without worrying about what is or is not on a data card. If they were worried about their own image, why not just take the entire camera as well, especially after going through all the trouble of cutting through a lock? As the thief/hunter, however, I would sure as heck be scared to go and hunt some water hole that I had stolen a camera or SD card off of knowing that some other angry hunter or hunters will surely be out there in the field waiting to rightfully or wrongfully accuse/punish the first unknown hunter that shows up on the criminalized spot! Especially on an opening weekend scenario when no other individuals have appeared on camera at that sight over the last three months while moitoring the water hole for wildlife activity. Stealing and vandalizing cameras in the wild is risky business that scalawags and criminals should think twice about before doing it!

NO! lord help them if I catch them stealing/vandalizing my camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord help me if I ever catch someone stealing mine.

I had one stolen in 23 this last week myself. There wasnt anything big on there just a bunch of turkeys. What do you do...

How about this for an idea? Set your game camera up as usual and LOCK IT! Then if possible get another camera up high where it would not be noticed and use it soley for the purpose of monitoring your game camera!(lock it too) Hopefully nothing happens but if it were to you should be able to get some solid pics of the vandals or thieves and yes without question POST THEM for all to see on this site! We could start calling it CSI-CWT or whatever but the more pics show up of these dirtbags the more we will be educated and they will be exposed! What you do after that is your own call but at the very least we get a constant vigil through pictures and postings and at some point hopefully this will slow down or go away completely! What is really going to be interesting is when someone we all know on this site is caught and the pictures are posted! WOW how is that gonna go over folks? Just saying...

It truely blows me away the number of guys suffering theft losses... and it sorta spooks me, cuz I just put out a brand new cam the other evening, unlocked, and 12' up a tree... hoping it would be safe... now I have cold feet and wanna go pull it. Funny thing is I found another guys cam and some other equipment about a 1/4 mile away all unlocked... so that made me a bit more confident to do the same. He was in a great spot and I checked out his set up at a distance... then walked up and got right infront of the camera with a "thumbs up" for him so that he could see that I stopped by for a visit. Whatever is coming into his spot is not my business... even tho I have had cameras just about right where he is before and likely will again. Matter of fact.. I had an SD card erased there... but for me I think if more guys talk with buddies about respecting others, start disscussions like this about it, teach our children and their friends about it, then maybe word will get around that it Ain't Cool to mess with stuff you find in the woods... just maybe it will help. I know we will always suffer losses from Anti-hunters and hikers... but losses due to other sportsman is just nothing but bad for all of us... it breeds hate that divides us... <_<

A buddy of mine had a trail camera on a certain water hole vandalized over the August 1-2 period. Some scalawag cut his camera lock and stole his SD card...lost about 3 weeks worth of important data. However, the criminal must not have noticed my camera, which was on the other side of the water hole AND facing my buddies camera. So, there is a great chance that I will be posting a thief in action in the next few days on this sight. The sad thing is...who else would take the SD card... but another hunter? Anti-hunters usually take entire cameras or destroy them where they are set up in the field without worrying about what is or is not on a data card. If they were worried about their own image, why not just take the entire camera as well, especially after going through all the trouble of cutting through a lock? As the thief/hunter, however, I would sure as heck be scared to go and hunt some water hole that I had stolen a camera or SD card off of knowing that some other angry hunter or hunters will surely be out there in the field waiting to rightfully or wrongfully accuse/punish the first unknown hunter that shows up on the criminalized spot! Especially on an opening weekend scenario when no other individuals have appeared on camera at that sight over the last three months while moitoring the water hole for wildlife activity. Stealing and vandalizing cameras in the wild is risky business that scalawags and criminals should think twice about before doing it!

I'll be waiting with baited breath to see these pictures posted! Sure hope you have something worth posting. SOMEONE WILL recognize these sobs when the pictures are posted.