FirstBlood

Elk Fever is spreading ...

Fever is here ..How many of us are checking are huntbags 3-4 times to see what we forget .. Pacing back and forth from truck to garage like some fools..Well that's what happens when you wait this long for a good elk hunt.. kick back and enjoy it,yahoo weekend is almost over and the real warriors will be going up the mountain .. lets stay off are quads and go out there and get them ... and remember its all bout the experience so be safe and remember to breath ...

I am so far behind - just a couple of days left and I haven't prepped the trailer, cooked all my food - nada...At this point I'm wishing the hunt started a week later.

I'm ready! Pulling outta here Wednesday and can't wait. Went up last weekend and they were screaming at day break. Had a nice 6x6 walk right by my truck at 60 yards. He stopped raked a tree bugled and went up the ridge. Got some really good bull on camera so I'm looking forward to a great hunt. Hopefully hunters will lay off the calls before the hunt. My dad, brother and I are looking for a repeat of 06 when we went three for three!

I'm leaving Thursday to help on my dad's hunt and our good family friend's hunt. The are hunting in neighboring units, so it will be somewhat of a challenge. I haven't started packing at all, but I don't need to bring much.

Good luck to everyone!!

I have done what WillK has, I started checking the trailer and my gear a week ago. I have finalized everything except the food/ice that I will load up wed night. I am ready and excited. My wife is going with me opening weekend so I am really happy about that..........Allen.........

Im ready took my trailer up yesterday found 3 bulls nothing was talking today or last night headed back up wendsday after work good luck to everyone with tags

Kinda wondering, got my archery bull tag, sept 9-22, already did a lot of scouting. Also got a rifle antelope tag in New Mexico sept. 10-12. Guess I will head up wed. and then a little more scouting and then head to NM on Friday. Should be happy but kinda thinking about missing the first couple days of archery bull. Would hate to look back and think my decision,either way,was wrong. But heck yea!!! Elk fever for sure.

Taking the trailer up tomorrow,checking trail cams for the last time.I'll come home tomorrow night then back up for the duration on Thursday.Good luck to all,be safe.