DryHeat

Intentionally rude or just ignorant?

Was it me I would have assumed you were quail hunters and went about my plan, dirt tanks are the instigator of many heated discussions in Az.

• Like 1

Ignorant seems a little harsh.

Just to clarify my post, one definition of ignorance is 'lack of awareness'. My guess is he was ignorant ( unaware) to the fact they were jumping ducks nit quail.

• Like 2

TWO MEN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVES - IT'S TIME FOR THUNDERDOME - http://youtu.be/3hQC3nkftrk

Settle it like real men , meet up out in field and go at with weapons of choice!

BREAK THE DEAL AND FACE THE WHEEL!

What a wonderful world we live in!

http://youtu.be/x91rBzNKvlc

Get Their Shoes

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes! ;-)

Posting accusations with personal info ie. License# , pictures, address’s is grounds for a liable suit!

• Like 1

Guest Del

Maybe there should be a way to "reserve" a tank or waterhole to hunt? Then you could put up a sign that lets everyone know that the tank is yours and the whole area is off limits. :lol:

• Like 1

To clarify several questions posed-

The tank is next to a narrow, rocky dirt road, not a paved main road. It is about a mile from the main road.

It was the first on the list, because it is one of the regular producers. We hit several others but only found two more ducks, that's the way it is in that part of the state. We accept that.

If I was looking for sympathy, I would've gone to the Websters Online dictionary. I was simply hoping to educate a fellow hunter on common courtesy. Hopefully next time he approaches an area he intends to hunt and encounters other hunters he considers how his plan may impact those who were there first. If any body else reading this gains some awareness of their fellow hunters, that's a bonus.

When I started this thread, I had no illusions that I held the superior opinion, so those who disagree with my assessment are equally viewed. I will consider each comment and weigh it's value to my own personal standards.

For every challenge we face when hunting public land, there is most often an amicable solution. I wouldn't want to trade for private land in any way, shape or form.

Have a great year everyone and enjoy every opportunity you get to experience the field, forest, desert or water.

• Like 2

The problem with public land is that it is open to almost everyone.

Ain't that the truth.

Dry, I'm in the "He probably didn't realize and posting his info on the web was a little harsh" camp also. Sorry your hunt got ruined.

• Like 1

Normally I do not post on "heated" topics like this but I cant help myself.

We live in the DESERT! Water holes are commodities. Archery deer, archery javelina, ducks, quail.....all seasons going on right now. With all the people out, then add the dirt bikers, it is almost ignorant in itself to think you will have any type of tank uninterupted. I had a unit 9 elk tag this year. My hunt was blown numerous times daily with traffic sitting tanks.....after we had respectable signs up letting everyone know we were there. I was on a tank last night archery hunting in the middle of no where and at 5:30pm, prime time, two girls came up to the tank on quads yelling for "coco" their lost dog......id been in the blind since 2. What am I going to do?.....not post their LP number!

I believe in respect. I practice it all the time. But to post someones LP number on here over a few blown ducks....terrible. Be glad they waved when they drove by.

• Like 1

The problem with public land is that it is open to almost everyone.

Ain't that the truth.

Dry, I'm in the "He probably didn't realize and posting his info on the web was a little harsh" camp also. Sorry your hunt got ruined.

+1

I wish everyone would stay out of my public lands too!! :lol:

But DryHeat does raise a good point about spending a little more time thinking about all the other open seasons at the time and how your actions might affect other hunters. This time of year is very difficult to avoid other hunters. I am still waiting for the day when someone blasts me on here for walking my dogs on public land and "ruining" their hunt. I always try to keep in mind all the open seasons and find a place without hunters, but it's practically impossible with all the seasons going on now.

Certainly first come/first serve at a tank is the standard and I am not sure why the "intruders" would park at a tank and then leave (essentially making the tank unavailable to others for hunting). But of course we don't know the story from their point of view.....unless they post up in this thread.

• Like 1

I think after reading this post I am going to write down the license plate and make/model of all the trucks/cars of any quail hunters (and duck hunters I guess) that I see this year during my archery deer/javelina hunt!

All kidding aside if I were driving down that road and saw the three of you, I would have assumed that you were quail hunting. I have never hunted ducks in AZ and have maybe met 5-10 people that actually do it (I am a native so I have met a couple people in 30 years). That being said I have no idea when duck season is or even knew that people visit water holes in the middle of the desert to do it. I think that you are taking this a little too seriously. You have to realize that most people, myself included, see someone walking in the desert with a shotgun will automatically assume that person is hunting quail.

Anyway I don't think either him or you did anything wrong but this is just my opinion. I personally think that during the archery hunts no one should be in the desert with any kind of gun, but obviously you feel differently. Luckily we all live in America and we are free to have and voice our own thoughts and opinions.

Happy hunting!

Brian

Duck hunters are rude too. Very sneaky, wont talk about spots, get up at 3am to go out to get spots tied up, try to chase people away from "their spots" etc. <_<

• Like 1

How many sewer ponds do you think ducks swim in before they get to southern Arizona because every time I drive by one they seem to be covered in waterfowl. I guess thats why there called fowl.

• Like 1

"I think after reading this post I am going to write down the license plate and make/model of all the trucks/cars of any quail hunters (and duck hunters I guess) that I see this year during my archery deer/javelina hunt!"

here is mine, if you see me say howdy! if you are upset with me for some reason...............stop and say howdy anyway

"I think after reading this post I am going to write down the license plate and make/model of all the trucks/cars of any quail hunters (and duck hunters I guess) that I see this year during my archery deer/javelina hunt!"

here is mine, if you see me say howdy! if you are upset with me for some reason...............stop and say howdy anyway

:lol: :lol: :lol:

now that's funny right there!

james

"The truck had a CouesWhitetail.com sticker in the window" that's Classic! Alot of complaints this year, that's why I don't put the sticker on my window...

• Like 2

SO from now on, every time I pass some one stopped on the side of the road, I have to ask permission to go on and make sure im no messing something up?