Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Swarovski Repair

A couple of weeks ago I droped my 15's and got a chip in the glass. It sucked, but I figured it wouldn't be a big deal, because there Swarovski's right! Well I called Swarovski today they told me they could get them to me by the end of February, but it would cost me $75.00 for each lense that needed to be replaced! What happened to there Warranty? I thought we got the best warranty when we payed $2000 plus, but apparently not! What a bunch of crap. Yes I will pay the $75.00, but it would be nice to have a better warranty. Especially when competing brands are offering better warranty's.

Adam

In the past I heard stories of guys driving over their 15's and getting them fixed for free. Had a friend drop his and got a scratch on the lens and it was replaced for free. I dropped my 10's from about 3' and something on the inside came loose and they fixed them for free. Don't know what happened to the costumer service. Maybe someone, a dealer?, can shed some light on the warranty as to what it covers now.

Bummer about the dropped 15s. :(

Did you read the warranty? I believe it is lifetime for 'defects in workmanship, quality, etc...'. I think that the warranty specifically states that it is void if the damage or need for repair is the result of unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, etc.... Seems like dropped binoculars would fall under the 'accident' category. Still seems like they have a pretty good warranty to me.

Looks like you're looking for more of an 'insurance policy', than a warranty. Not sure if any bino company would offer that. Sometimes retail outlets offer that type of thing, but not sure if you will find that from a bino builder.

Good luck getting them fixed though. They are obviously great binoculars, and I think it would be worth paying for the repairs.

S.

Elkaddict has a good point. Maybe talk to a dealer? Take them into a dealer, and maybe they have a contact at Swarvski or some kind of a 'back door' into their Swaro's customer service department?

Worth a try, maybe!

Sincerely, good luck!

S.

In the past I heard stories of guys driving over their 15's and getting them fixed for free. Had a friend drop his and got a scratch on the lens and it was replaced for free. I dropped my 10's from about 3' and something on the inside came loose and they fixed them for free. Don't know what happened to the costumer service. Maybe someone, a dealer?, can shed some light on the warranty as to what it covers now.

Talked to the guy that scratched his lens, he said he was charged for the lens....thought it was $170 but it's been awhile so doesn't remember. They did a compleat cleaning and put on new armor coating...........He was happy with the repair. Makes sense, they can't help our carelessness.

Had my wife knock over mine on a tripod during her December hunt. Scratched both front lenses and broke something inside. I ended up having all four lenses replaced for $300.00(changing them to the newer style lenses) and they fixed the rest for free. They even replaced the body giving my 15's a new id number. I thought that they had just shipped me a new pair. They rebuilt my 15's from the ground up and even updated my warranty information with the new numbers and reminded me to do the same for insurance purposes. All the damage was our fault and I thought they did a great job. They would have done the work for $150 and just fixed the damage. It was my choice to update the lenses since I have a older pair. I have no complaints and think it would be hard to expect them to cover damage done by owner's themselves. Try as hard as we can, we still are a lot harder on our equipment than say a birdwatcher and their prices would have to be even higher to cover that kind of damage.

Brent

I have sent my Swaros in twice, once they fixed for free (second time I sent them in). $75 is the standard lens replacement cost. I am gonna send them in again soon because I chipped my lens and I can see it....I am expecting a charge though.

Lecia, Nikon, Vortex and Pentax all have NO FAULT warranty...

Sooooooooooo let me get this straight, you dropped your binos and they're gonna charge you wopping75$ to fix them good as new and youre complaining about that? Instead, I'd be asking where do I sign abs get then in the mail before they Change their mind

Sooooooooooo let me get this straight, you dropped your binos and they're gonna charge you wopping75$ to fix them good as new and youre complaining about that? Instead, I'd be asking where do I sign abs get then in the mail before they Change their mind

+1

Sounds like a great deal to me...

• Like 1

Granted, $75 bucks is cheap and well worth the fix... But if I paid $2k+ for my glass, I'd expect a better warranty, honestly.

How would/could you expect a better warranty on physical damage that is caused by you/the user? Are they supposed to fix their binos free of cost for bonehead mistakes?

Im guessing youre not a businessman? I am not either, but I know that is a quick way to lose net income money.

• Like 1

I sent a 22 year old pair of Leupold 10x40 binoculars in on January 3rd of this year because I was seeing double out of them. Two weeks later I got them back and Leupold had replaced by glass with the HD glass. for a 10x40 they are outstanding and I can leave my swaro 15x56 on the tripod when stalking. very satisfied. I am gonna send my Swaro's back and pay for the new HD glass though. I had one problem with Sworo 15x56 on an Elk hunt in 2006 (could not get them focused) sent them to Swaro and explained I was on an Arizona Elk hunt and you do not get drawn here much and their product failed me. Swaro fixed them for free and also sent me a doubler and an apology. Doubler gives me a headache but nice gesture.

Leupold and Vortex are the only companies I repeatedly hear about how good their warraties are and how they ask no questions and send you back new gear. I own Vortex and leupold products because of that.With that said? I wouldnt be upset about paying 75 bucks to have a new lense put on or 300 bucks to get my optics built back up. Either way its a good deal.

Had my wife knock over mine on a tripod during her December hunt. Scratched both front lenses and broke something inside. I ended up having all four lenses replaced for $300.00(changing them to the newer style lenses) and they fixed the rest for free. They even replaced the body giving my 15's a new id number. I thought that they had just shipped me a new pair. They rebuilt my 15's from the ground up and even updated my warranty information with the new numbers and reminded me to do the same for insurance purposes. All the damage was our fault and I thought they did a great job. They would have done the work for $150 and just fixed the damage. It was my choice to update the lenses since I have a older pair. I have no complaints and think it would be hard to expect them to cover damage done by owner's themselves. Try as hard as we can, we still are a lot harder on our equipment than say a birdwatcher and their prices would have to be even higher to cover that kind of damage.

Brent

Do you see a difference with the new style lens?